Temporary Part-Time Position, 12 Month Contract, 18.75 Hours Per Week, $30.22 - $33.36 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation.
Student Statutory Planning
Reference number: 13023
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 15 December 2019
- Temporary Part-Time Position
- 12 Month Contract
- 18.75 Hours Per Week
- $30.22 - $33.36 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 127,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
This exciting opportunity will see you providing, under supervision, services, guidance and advice in particular facets of statutory planning, subdivision control and other services provided by the Statutory Planning department. You will be assisting Council in order to meet its legislative and planning obligations for the benefit of residents, taxpayers and businesses in the City of Moonee Valley.
Reporting directly to the Senior Coordinator Statutory Planning, your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to public counter, written and telephone enquiries
- Assisting in the registration and preliminary assessment, in addition to the recording, notification and general processing of town planning and subdivision applications
- Assisting in the preparation of written reports, conditions and making recommendations on statutory matters for consideration by the Manager Statutory Planning
- Liaising with the planners within Council’s Strategic Planning department on specified projects or issues
To be suitable for this position, you will possess:
- Currently undertaking a recognised Planning degree
- Some experience in Statutory Planning or other related field is desirable
- Some knowledge of planning scheme, legislation, enforcement and other related areas is mandatory
- Knowledge of related liquor licensing, enforcement and other related areas is desirable
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 15/12/2019