Mining Industry - Mineral Sands, World Class Projects, Permanent Position, Competitive Salary with Significant Performance Incentive, Welshpool WA.
Mineral Commodities Ltd (ASX: MRC) is a global exploration and mining company with a primary focus on the development of high-grade mineral deposits within the industrial minerals, base metals, bulk commodities, gold and precious metals resource sector.
MRC is a leading producer of zircon, rutile, garnet and ilmenite concentrates through its world-class, high-grade Mineral Sands Operation at Tormin, located on the west coast of South Africa. Tormin supplies circa 25% of the world-wide demand for garnet sands, 2% of the worlds zircon demand and is one of the top ten independent titanium feedstock suppliers. MRC is currently pursuing approvals for expansion of its Tormin operations.
MRCs Munglinup Graphite Project is located in the Esperance region of southern Western Australia. MRC has been granted a mining lease to 2031 and mineralisation is open in all directions. The Mineral Resource grade is within the top quartile for global flake deposit grade and the open-pit graphite mining operation targets the lowest operating costs per quartile. MRC is targeting completion of a Bankable Feasibility Study by Q4 2019, for commitment to construction and commissioning by mid-2020.
MRC has also recently entered into Joint Venture Agreements and applied for Exploration Licenses over a number of prospective tenements in the north-west and south-west of Western Australia, targeting lithium, vanadium, channel iron ore and gold/copper deposits. Exploration activities to date have been substantive and extremely positive.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst / Senior Business Analyst with outstanding financial modelling and analytical skills to be based at the Companys head office in Welshpool. The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer and liaise with Executives and the Finance Team. It requires solid knowledge of financial modelling, business improvement methodologies, and mining operations. The position will have extensive dealings with senior executives, operations, bankers and advisors. You will use and analyse data to drive decision making and deliver insightful and timely management reports. You will have a positive and energetic style, with outstanding communication skills. The ability to travel internationally is required.
- Strategic planning and analysis.
- Financial analysis of projects including due diligence studies, mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide detailed commercial analysis and advice to the Executive Chairman and Executive Team.
- Development of operational budgets and business forecasting models.
- Variance analysis and business performance reporting to operations, executives and the board.
- Evaluation and auditing of Business improvement initiatives.
- Commercial and risk management.
- Assist with tenders, logistics, contracts and sales agreements.
- Assist with month end financial consolidation process.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Qualified CA/CPA or mining related engineering qualification with post-graduate financial qualification (e.g MBA).
- 3-4 years' experience in a similar role.
- Relevant industry expertise within mineral resources sector
- Analysis experience across both mining operations and projects evaluation advantageous.
- Extensive financial modelling skills and experience, including operations budgets, forecasts and analysis.
- Previous mining business improvement experience advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a small team.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Strong customer focus, with an ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across the organisational hierarchy.
- Microsoft Office skills with advanced MS Excel knowledge.
- Exposure to Pronto desirable.
- Attention to detail, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Whats on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, with a significant performance incentive.
- Financially stable and growing resource company with a strong outlook.
- An opportunity to be challenged, with strong prospects for career growth and progression.
*PLEASE NO AGENCIES AT THIS TIME*
Please send all applications through the applicable employment portal.