We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our team at our Longford site in Tasmania. As the Assistant Accountant you will be reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager.
Selborne Biological Services (Aust) Pty Ltd is one of Australia's leading serum and animal derived products companies, with approximately 50 employees.
We offer diverse and challenging positions, career opportunities for professional and technical specialists, trades, and people interested in making a difference to our industry.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Accounts Payable Function
Accounts Receivable Function
Assist with Inventory Management
Assist with the Treasury function
Assist in the preparation of both company and consolidated management and statutory accounts, budgets and forecasting
Liaise with both manager(s) and supervisors to undertake daily and weekly coordination and assist with specific initiatives, projects and assignments.
- Driven - someone who can set own work agenda and priorities, complete tasks, assist others and challenges themselves and others.
- Confidence - in own abilities, role, tasks and relationships.
- Practical & Problem Solver - ability to understand production processes and challenges.
- Attention to Detail - checks own and others.
- Efficient - reasonable time frame, clear on task.
- Adaptable - move seamlessly between tasks and priorities when necessary.
Technical Skills, Training and Experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- 3 5 years experience in similar role / A finance degree or close to completing a relevant qualification.
- An understanding of basic accounting functions and month end practices.
- A desire to learn and grow your skill set.
- Ability to build relationships and positive attitude.
- Account Reconciliation Experience
- Balance Sheet
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Foreign exchange
- Data Entry Skills
- Product / Job Costing
- Business Analysis
Pass a medical.
Current drivers licence.
This role may also involve working outside of normal hours and occasional weekend work.
This role may require both domestic and international travel from time to time.
Please note: successful candidate will need to undertake a pre-employment medical, background checks and potentially criminal record checks.
Launceston & North East