World-class Agribusiness, Varied Role, Great Outback Lifestyle.
About Hancock Agriculture
A world-class agribusiness, Hancock Agriculture, incorporating S. Kidman & Co Pty Ltd and Hancock Prospecting Pty Ltd Services, seeks to appoint an Administration Officer / Station Hand to join the dynamic team at Innamincka Station.
Hancock Agriculture has a long and proud history in Agriculture. With over 30 properties across Australia, spanning 10 million hectares, we are one of the countrys largest producers of beef with a herd of over 320,000.
About the Property
Innamincka Station is located in South Australia on the banks of the iconic Cooper Creek, in the heart of Burke & Wills Country.
We are an active, enthusiastic and passionate team who love our work and the animals we care for. We work hard but enjoy the lifestyle that our location offers us, and days off are only limited by your imagination swimming, fishing, canoeing and attending weekend events at surrounding towns.
About the Role
Reporting to the Station Manager, the Administration Officer / Station Hand position is a varied role in which you have the opportunity to utilise multiple skill sets.
You will provide timely and efficient administration support to various areas, as well as contributing to the livestock program.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Mustering cattle using horses and bikes
- Attending to all facets of cattle husbandry & processing
- General property & stock water maintenance and repair, including fencing & welding
- General vehicle & machinery operation, servicing and maintenance
- Coordinate office/station communications, including email, post, fax, phone
- Maintain the station office and filing system
- Ordering parts and supplies
- Processing and recording accounts payable
- Preparing Payroll
Successful applicants will meet the following criteria:
- Competent in the use of horses and motorbikes
- Have a dedicated commitment to safe work practices and the highest animal welfare standards
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Have general administration experience
- Have Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Be self-motivated, well organised and have good communication skills
- Have an appreciation for remote rural living
What we Offer You
- Air-conditioned, single room accommodation
- Quality home-cooked meals
- Remuneration commensurate with experience
- Training, development and career progression
- Friendly, supportive team & community environment
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for these positions.