White Box Enterprises is a non-profit start-up founded by some of Australias strongest social enterprise leaders. The goal of White Box Enterprises is to create 5,000 jobs for vulnerable young people who are long-term unemployed and/or have a disability, a lived experience of mental illness, who have been involved in the criminal justice system, are refugees and asylum seekers, are Indigenous Australians, or have experienced homelessness. We are growing at a rapid rate and need your flexible, optimistic and detailed support to help create a nation where every young person with a willingness to work can have a meaningful and secure job.
To achieve our goal of 5,000 jobs, White Box Enterprises has a two-pronged approach:
- It builds market led, large-scale employment focused social enterprises, that can employ more than 50 vulnerable people.
- It supports innovative ideas and social enterprises with the resources they need to create more jobs for vulnerable young Australians.
White Box Enterprises is in its first year of operations and has a number of core projects:
- Hotel Housekeeping: The first social enterprise developed by White Box Enterprises, Hotel Housekeeping supports young refugees into housekeeping jobs in QLD hotels.
- Jigsaw: A social enterprise revolutionising the way people with disabilities receive job training, employment opportunities and the ability to transition into mainstream employment. Jigsaw is a successful NSW-based social enterprise that White Box Enterprises is supporting to replicate in Brisbane in early 2020.
- QLD Social Enterprise District: An Australia-first initiative, this is a partnership between Queensland TAFE and White Box Enterprises to build a home for QLD-based employment-focused social entrepreneurs. Based at Mt Gravatt TAFE, the Social Enterprise District is a thriving ecosystem that gives social enterprises the opportunity to take up space at a subsidised rate or for free to get their ideas off the ground.
About this role
Part Time: 0.6 FTE
Salary: $75,000 pro rata FBT
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Holiday leave: 20 days per year (pro rata)
Appointment will be made subject to three months probation. Superannuation will be paid by White Box Enterprises at the prescribed rate as specified within the Superannuation Act. As White Box Enterprises is a registered non-profit, Fringe Benefit concessions may be available; please discuss on application.
White Box Enterprises is looking for a flexible, enthusiastic and reliable senior bookkeeper to join our valued team. This role will suit someone who is able to work as part of a small but agile group in a fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same.
The role will encompass the coordination and management of:
- Finance, bookkeeping and payroll
- General and HR administration
- Additional duties as nominated by the Chief Executive Officer or the Chair
Finance, bookkeeping and payroll -
- Ensure that finances are managed according to appropriate standards and individual service/program contract and grant compliance requirements
- Oversee bookkeeping duties including general journals, banking, invoicing, end of Month/Quarter/Financial Year/Payroll Year processes
- Oversee accounts receivable and payable functions
- Oversee all card and bank reconciliations
- Liaise with social enterprise staff to enable flexible means of client brokerage and relevant funding payments
- Prepare GST, PAYG withholding, superannuation and Workcover reporting, including reconciliations, calculations and payments as per compliancy requirements
- Overseeing fortnightly payroll services
- Prepare regular and accurate financial and Board reports for White Box Enterprises and relevant consortia arrangements, together with Social Enterprise leaders and/or CEO/Chair
- Prepare and monitor organisational and program budgets in consultation with Executive Management
- Facilitate the preparation and lodgement of annual financial statements and reports with relevant authorities
- Together with the CEO and/or Chair, assist to facilitate the financial audits and acquittals for organisation and White Box Enterprises programs as required
- In consultation with Executive Management, provide financial management advice and forecasting, e.g. P&L balance
- Negotiate and manage lease agreements, where necessary
General and Human Resources administration -
- Maintain HR records according to legislative requirements and organisational processes
- Ensure systems are in place for monitoring and administering leave
- Ensure administration of superannuation and Workcover requirements
- Respond to current and past employee general payroll queries
- Establish and coordinate licensing contracts and service level agreements across White Box Enterprises, including social enterprise partners, external contractors etc.
- Work with the Administrator to oversee day-to-day operational administration
- Provide operational advice and support to all White Box Enterprises staff, including social enterprise leads
Relevant qualifications in Business Administration, Financial Services or equivalent.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ideally, 5+ years experience in a similar role in the non-profit sector
- In-depth knowledge of and experience using relevant software, especially MYOB, Xero and MS Office Suite
- Experience with payroll and HR practices and procedures
- Confidence with financial forecasting and providing advice re. P&L balance sheets
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team in a professional and collaborative manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a startup
- Demonstrated high level of communication and interpersonal skills, including people management, and liaising and consulting with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. philanthropic donors, government representatives, social enterprise leaders, young people)
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality, tact, discretion and initiative
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to determine priorities, attention to detail and meet regular deadlines
White Box Enterprises is passionate about supporting vulnerable Australians to find meaningful employment and build bright futures. We believe in the power of social enterprise business models to change the tide of disadvantage and respect the dignity of the individual and the community. We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about this remit, and has a compassionate drive to make a difference.
The deadline for applications is midday on Monday 16th December.
To discuss this role in more detail, or if you have any questions, please contact White Box Enterprises General Manager
Thank you for your interest in this role. We look forward to hearing from you.