General Maintenance Officer
Part-Time Hours 12pm-5pm Monday to Friday
Term 1 2020 Commencement
Founded in 1898, Christ Church Grammar School is a leading inner city, independent, Anglican, co-educational school that provides an outstanding education for children from 3-Year-old to Year 6.
We are seeking a General Maintenance Officer to commence in Term 1, 2020. As the Schools General Maintenance Officer, you are expected to be an active member of the team which coordinates and assists in overseeing the efficient maintenance of facilities at Christ Church Grammar School.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking a wide scope of activities including but not limited to general repairs
- Overseeing stock maintenance and ordering for all stationery and supplies
- Setting up and removing furniture for school functions including Speech Day, Valedictory, Board Meetings, assemblies, musical recitals, Art show and the like, working additional hours by agreement
- Maintaining gardens and premises maintenance mowing, sweeping, trimming hedges, managing bins
- Supporting the teaching staff as required providing minor works in classrooms, assistance with displays, minor repairs
Note- This role works across the year with time changes during school term holidays: 7am 12pm Monday Friday.
Please provide details of your experience, qualifications, and the names and telephone numbers of at least two referees.
Applications close 9 December 2020.
Christ Church Grammar School has zero tolerance for child abuse. Christ Church Grammar School is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. Ministerial Order 870 requires Christ Church Grammar School to implement child safety standards and to accommodate and take the needs of all children (including but not limited to, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, children from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, children with disabilities, and children who are vulnerable) into account when creating a child safe environment.
Our screening process includes but is not limited to a Criminal Records Check and Working with Children Check. The incumbent of this role must comply with Christ Church Grammar Schools child safety policies and related policies and procedures (including the Code of Conduct).
Christ Church Grammar School is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity principles and is committed to the principles of merit-based selection, equity, diversity and procedural fairness in our recruitment process.