Timber Sales Business Trainee
About the Company:
Leisure Timber specialises in the sale of timber, hardware and associated materials for fencing, pergolas, decks and landscaping. Established in 2015, Leisure Timber has built a solid reputation with their trade and retail customers of having an unwavering customer service focus and being able to supply and deliver to suit their customers specific needs.
Based at Lilydale, Victoria, Leisure Timber is a busy timber and hardware business selling and delivering products throughout the Melbourne metropolitan area and regional Victoria.
About the Role:
Leisure Timber are seeking a self-driven individual to learn all facets of the business, beginning primarily with working in the yard packing orders and putting away stock, counter sales and customer service with a view to eventually progressing further within the business.
This is a permanent full-time role based at Lilydale, Victoria, and is a role that will enable you to build your knowledge of the industry, the company and its products within a supportive and progressive environment.
Reporting to the manager, your general day to day responsibilities will include:
- Yard work assisting with re-stocking shelves and packing orders
- Actioning customer requests and enquiries face to face or over the phone
- Provide sales assistance and customer service
- Pick up or make deliveries in a work vehicle
- Operating a forklift
You are an enthusiastic and switched-on individual looking to work full time and become a valued team member in a busy customer service environment.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Current Drivers Licence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The motivation to learn and grow within a company
- The ability to manage your time and prioritise your workload
- Work autonomously on set tasks through to completion
- A positive and can-do attitude
- A keen eye for detail
- Good computer skills including knowledge of the basic MS Office Suite
Candidates must be:
- Coachable and eager to learn
- Outgoing and confident interacting with people
- Able to problem solve
- Vibrant and enthusiastic
- Punctual and reliable
Join a growing organisation as a trainee and watch your career soar! You will be working full time and earning a weekly wage with a real opportunity for a long-term career path.
The role will involve various training and learning activities, which will be organised and paid for by the employer. You will also have regular, one on one support throughout your traineeship. On successful completion of your traineeship you will have access to ongoing opportunities for progression and development.
If you believe this is a position that you could excel in, please apply now, providing your CV and a cover letter detailing why you believe you would be a success in the role. Along with this we would like to hear about any relevant experience, knowledge of the industry and/ or interest you have in this industry.
The closing date for applications is COB Friday 27 December 2019.