Mining Industry - Mineral Sands, World Class Projects, Permanent Position, Competitive Salary Package w/ Significant Incentives, Welshpool WA.
Mineral Commodities Ltd (ASX: MRC) is a global exploration and mining company with a primary focus on the development of high-grade mineral deposits within the industrial minerals, base metals, bulk commodities, gold and precious metals resource sector.
MRC is a leading producer of zircon, rutile, garnet and ilmenite concentrates through its world-class, high-grade Mineral Sands Operation at Tormin, located on the west coast of South Africa. Tormin supplies circa 25% of the world-wide demand for garnet sands, 2% of the worlds zircon demand and is one of the top ten independent titanium feedstock suppliers. MRC is currently pursuing approvals for expansion of its Tormin operations.
MRCs Munglinup Graphite Project is located in the Esperance region of southern Western Australia. MRC has been granted a mining lease to 2031 and mineralisation is open in all directions. The Mineral Resource grade is within the top quartile for global flake deposit grade and the open-pit graphite mining operation targets the lowest operating costs per quartile. MRC is targeting completion of a Bankable Feasibility Study by Q4 2019, for commitment to construction and commissioning by mid-2020.
The Company recently acquired the Skaland graphite operation located in northern Norway. Skaland is the largest flake graphite producer in Europe and is presently the worlds highest grade operating flake graphite mine. MRC is investigating downstream value-adding options for Skaland concentrate including the production of Battery Anode Materials.
MRC has also entered into Joint Venture Agreements and applied for Exploration Licenses over a number of prospective tenements in the north-west and south-west of Western Australia, targeting lithium, vanadium, channel iron ore and gold/copper deposits. Exploration activities to date have been substantive and extremely positive.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Bookkeeper to be based at the Companys head office in Welshpool. The position will report to the Group Financial Controller and accounting team and will have extensive dealings with Senior Executives, operations and advisors. You will have a positive and energetic style, with outstanding communication skills.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly payment runs for multiple entities
- Preparation of monthly intercompany reconciliation reports
- Preparation of quarterly general ledger reconciliation files
- Preparation and reconciliation of BAS Returns
- Ability to manage multiple currencies, foreign exchange impacts and end of month foreign currency revaluation
- Preparation of monthly movement schedules
- Preparation of monthly depreciation and amortisation expense calculations
- Processing and payment of accounts payable and receivables
- Processing of journals
- Undertaking relevant end-of-month processes and reports
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts, credit cards and general ledger accounts
- Providing support to Payroll and assist with payroll queries as and when required
- Providing support to the Accountants, Group Financial Controller and Chief Financial Officer as required
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have a minimum of five years experience working in a similar role, with exposure to a broad range of areas including accounts payable/receivable, reconciliations, reporting and general administrative duties
- Have relevant industry expertise within mining, mineral resource development, engineering, construction, contracting or similar preferred
- Possess high computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced MS Excel skills
- Be highly motivated, enjoy a busy working schedule and be comfortable dealing with a high volume workload
- Display flexibility, initiative and the ability to work autonomously, as well as integrate with the rest of the Accounts team
- Have a strong attention to detail, with an inquisitive mind
- Have experience with multiple currencies preferred
- Have experience with Pronto and Cognos advantageous
- Experience with payroll software and preparing payroll highly desirable
Whats on Offer
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience with a significant performance incentive
- Financially stable and growing resource company with a strong outlook
- An opportunity to be challenged, with strong prospects for career growth and progression
**** STRICTLY NO AGENCY CONTACT****