Are you a seasoned Senior commercial leader looking to have a real impact delivering value for the people of NSW
We have an opportunity for a Deputy Executive Director Commercial for Project Delivery to provide and to lead commercial elements during procurement and commercial management through construction of major high value delivery contracts associated with the infrastructure, systems and services of one or more Sydney Metro projects.
Sydney Metro is leading Australias biggest public transport infrastructure program, developing and delivering a new world-class metro railway system for Sydney.
As a new NSW Government statutory authority, Sydney Metro has been tasked with developing and delivering metro railways, and managing their operations. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australias largest city.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director for Commercial this role will see you providing strategic leadership to sustain the organisation as a high performing, integrated team, contributing to the creation of a positive organisational culture.
What does a day in the life look like in this role
- Lead Project commercial team(s) and a range of specialists including a mixture of staff, contractors and delivery management partners to achieve best practice contract documentation and commercial delivery
- Lead the continuing development of an optimal project delivery strategy across the entire range of contract packages, including the refinement of risk identification, allocation and mitigation, to deliver the required customer, operational and product outcomes for the project and sound commercial return for the Government
- Ensure all contracts accurately capture client requirements, are acceptable to market, result in commercially sound outcomes for the government and are awarded on time to meet overall program objectives
- Lead and manage the development and procurement of the Projects major works contracts, including the engagement of transaction management services as required, and the management of cross-functional input to the procurement process, and lead successful procurement processes for the major contracts to ensure compliance with the policies and management systems of SM, Transport for NSW and the NSW Government
- Lead contract close negotiations and the coordination with Sydney Metro legal group for the finalisation of contract commercial conditions
- Lead and develop dispute avoidance and commercial resolution strategies and ensure development and alignment of a legal resolution strategy, implementing best practice alternative dispute resolution and minimising issues and costs
As an inclusive and inspiring leader the individual will be at ease operating in a complex, multi-stakeholder and sometimes challenging environment while balancing customer requirements with other regulatory, policy, government, stakeholder and operational requirements, ensuring commercial practices meet stakeholder needs.
Joining Sydney Trains, youll take pride in championing the sound commercial management of public resources for the people of NSW in a flexible and supportive work environment like no other. If youre ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Dont miss out! Apply today to register your interest.
This is a Transport Service Senior Executive position and an attractive remuneration package (including relocation support) will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Our commitment to Diversity
TfNSW are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture across the Transport cluster, planning for and promoting diversity. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, women and other diversity groups. TfNSW recognises the benefits that such an approach brings for our staff and customers in delivering the future of NSW.
How to apply
To apply please submit your resume and covering letterwhich addresses the reason for your interest, including how your experience would fit this position.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications will close on 6th December