Variety of projects, Serious Career Opportunities, Great work location at Newcastle Harbour and Beach.
MPC Consulting Engineers, Newcastle
Opportunities rarely arise to join this experienced boutique Engineering firm in Newcastles CBD. MPC has 18 years experience in providing Structural/Civil engineering services across the full spectrum of projects from homes, residential low and high rise, industrial, schools, roads, hospitals and a whole range of commercial projects form equine studs to airports, zipline rides to harbour jetties.
We are a progressive team of 20 staff with a friendly working environment and strong staff retention. We are known for providing high quality engineering services and design in a timely manner. Thus we have a high productivity, high accuracy environment where 88% of our projects come from repeat/referred clients. If you are looking to build on your competent engineering, client and project management skills to secure a solid future and excellent working conditions we want to hear from you.
Opportunity: To join a leading engineering firm in Newcastle and secure your position and strong future. Position is for a Structural / Civil Consulting Engineer, with 7+ years experience, performing design for civil and structural engineering projects, client facing engagement, project management, overseeing engineers and draftspeople.
Application of engineering principles, techniques and practical problem solving to engineering projects;
- Engineering analysis, design, computation and reporting;
- To provide accurate and reliable engineering calculations in a timely manner.
- To provide excellent engineering concepts and designs for review by CP Eng Directors.
- Engineering inspections and reporting on a range of sites.
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders
- Project management of program, budgets and keeping clients informed
- Civil / Structural Design using relevant Software packages.
Conducting engineering tasks in a safe manner, in accordance with MPCs office procedures and policies, current Work Health and Safety (WHS) Legislation, and as per instructions given by Senior Engineering Staff and Management
- Bachelor Engineering Civil, Honours.
- Demonstrated competency in concepts and butter papers
- Demonstrated competency design and accurate detailed sketches
- Demonstrated competency in full management of engineering projects;
- Experience in overseeing design and drafting documentation staff
- Customer Service Approach and Ethos
- White Card
- Software MicroStran
- Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe PDF
- Certified Practising Engineer
- Software programs 1 STRAND7
- Software 2 INDUCTA RCB SLABS
- CRM / Project management software such as Total Synergy
MPC Culture and Working Environment
A progressive yet professional team situated in the beautiful heritage Earp Gillam Bond Store building. The kitchen is well stocked providing all breakfast, lunch, snack food and drinks for all staff.
Training: On the Job Training. Other short courses are approved to assist your professional development.
Career Progression: Opportunities to develop your career with a professional development program with the aim to have your CP Eng within 1 year if you do not already have it and a senior principal position.
Working Hours: Hours are normally 9am 5.00pm and sometimes affected by Site Works or Travel.
Personality and Character Traits that would be a good cultural fit at MPC We find the engineers that fit well within our team have already proved to themselves that they like to do engineering design that is backed up by highly accurate calculations. They are ready to develop on the path of the responsibility of engineering combined with really good design!
You can work self-directed and as part of a team.
YOUR APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE:
- Please make sure the email subject is Senior Structural/Civil Engineer.
- Make sure your cover letter provides:
- demonstrated evidence of 7+ years experience as a Structural Design Consulting Engineer
- details how far you have progressed on your journey to obtain your CP Eng
- a description of the most significant work-related challenge (design or workplace) thus far and how you overcame it.
- an overview of your most significant work-related achievement to date and why
- what you would do if you won $50m (this one is just a bit of lightness and the icebreaker for the interview!)