Key organisational leadership position, Operational and strategic support to CEO and Board, Opportunity to contribute meaningfully to public policy in Australia.
Join a think tank and make a difference
Grattan Institute is a highly regarded public policy think tank, based in Carlton. It was founded in 2008 to provide independent, rigorous and practical solutions to some of Australia's most pressing policy problems.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Corporate Services. This executive level role supports the CEO and Board by providing high level advice and support on operational and strategic matters. The role is responsible for the management of Grattans Corporate Services function and coordinating the delivery of finance and business systems.
Grattans unique culture provides an opportunity to add significant value working with a small, curious, driven and supportive team motivated to make a difference to the important issues for our country.
What will you be doing with us
Reporting to our CEO and leading a small, hardworking central services team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing sound financial advice, working closely with the CEO and the Board
- Undertaking the Company Secretarial duties
- Managing the Institutes endowment
- Overseeing financial operations including budgeting, forecasting, management and statutory reporting and liaising with auditors
- In accordance with statutory requirements, assisting with the preparation of the Institutes Annual Budget and Annual Accounts for presentation to the Institute Board
- Managing commercial agreements and overseeing donor and fundraising initiatives and events
- Reviewing and executing internal policies, managing office facilities and IT requirements in partnership with Melbourne University
- Providing advice and assistance to other senior staff of the Institute in relation to corporate related matters
- Driving and implementing organisation-wide strategies for improvement where necessary
Your knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong finance background with demonstrated experience in accounting
- Tertiary level qualifications in accounting with membership of a recognised accounting professional body
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to analyse financial and other data
- Familiarity with the management of investment funds is highly desirable
- Confidence and experience in identifying and implementing technology solutions to improve business systems
- Experience in a Not for Profit organisation is beneficial
- Innovative approach to the role and able to provide practical and creative input to the development of new initiatives
- An interest and curiosity about public policy in Australia
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including excellent stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- The ability to provide strong team leadership to drive a high-performance culture with high emotional intelligence, motivating and inspiring others
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Not afraid to be hands-on when needed
What will we offer you
You will be joining a great group of people who are intellectually curious, love their work, and are passionate about what they do. We foster a work culture where people are valued and appreciated. We enjoy each others company and come together at least once a week to share a soup lunch not to mention birthdays, table tennis tournaments and trivia nights. We offer a competitive salary and other employee benefits including flexibility, salary packaging, book club, onsite shower facilities, bike storage, fruit and a well-stocked kitchen.
How to apply
If youre a passionate leader looking for an influential role in a meaningful organisation, we want to hear from you.
Please apply by Monday 2 December 2019.