An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation for an energetic Marketing Co-ordinator to join the Marketing Team.
Chain Reaction is the Ultimate Corporate Bike Challenge that raises money for sick children by challenging senior executives who have a passion for cycling and an awareness of their corporate social responsibilities, to cycle a designated course in consecutive days. Funds raised from events are donated to worthy childrens charities across Australia where a tangible and direct benefit can be achieved. Over $28 million has been raised and donated to childrens charities since 2007.
The Foundation has previously operated as a team of three, full time staff but are looking to expand and grow new opportunities in the fundraising events industry and are now expanding their events and marketing staff. Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation is a registered Australia charity with ACNC.
About the Role
The marketing team at Chain Reaction is responsible for all aspects of the promotions, communications, digital/social media, content development, and off-bike fundraising events. With growing demand for our events and services, we are now looking for a Marketing Co-ordinator to help execute the Chain Reaction marketing and communications plan.
To be considered for this role, you must be an astute marketing and communications professional with a passion for creating and executing quality content across digital channels and platforms. You must have a solid understanding of the corporate sector, an ability to effectively communicate on all levels and the ability to work autonomously on marketing and communications projects within a small operations team. This is the ideal job for someone with a keen understanding of current social media and digital comms trends and a desire to work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execute the Chain Reaction marketing and comms strategy in conjunction with the Marketing Manager
- Coordinate and produce key elements of the communications plan, including newsletters, blogs, eDMs, social media content, presentations and other collateral as needed
- Ensure the Chain Reaction brand is consistent across all levels
- Coordination of launch programs, including fundraising and awareness events
- Work closely with charity partners and corporate contacts to execute the Event Media Plan
- Provide ongoing support to participants including the roll out of effective fundraising tools
- Curating content to be used across digital channels and website
- Photography and/or videography editing skills will be looked upon highly.
Youll need to be available during the primary event season, March-May, during which your role will include specific and daily event-related media and marketing deliverables.
A suitable candidate for this position will have the following:
- Degree qualified in marketing, communications, business or a similar discipline
- Strong writing skills
- A solid understanding of social media marketing and the ability to use it to the Foundations advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Highly motivated, solutions-orientated self-starter with adaptable teamwork styles
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Must be willing and able to work the full event schedule March - May, including interstate travel
- Have a valid Australian drivers licence
The successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience across a variety of marketing, communications or events roles with not-for-profit experience a plus. Youll be an enthusiastic self-starter with a high attention to detail, creativity and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience executing campaigns start to finish, have comprehensive understanding of digital marketing channels, along with sound writing skills. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) is advantageous.
If this sounds like your sort of role then we encourage you to apply.
Please send your cover letter and CV by 26 November 2019.
Please note only successful applicants will be notified.