An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation for an energetic Events Co-ordinator to join the Events Team.
Chain Reaction is the Ultimate Corporate Bike Challenge that raises money for sick children by challenging senior executives who have a passion for cycling and an awareness of their corporate social responsibilities, to cycle a designated course in consecutive days. Funds raised from events are donated to worthy childrens charities across Australia where a tangible and direct benefit can be achieved. Over $28 million has been raised and donated to childrens charities since 2007.
The Foundation has previously operated as a team of three, full time staff but are looking to expand and grow new opportunities in the fundraising events industry and are now expanding their events and marketing staff. Chain Reaction Challenge Foundation is a registered Australia charity with ACNC.
About the Role
The events team of Chain Reaction is responsible for all aspects of the planning, logistics, risk management, event delivery, and participant and supplier relationships. With growing demand for our events and services, we are now looking for an Event Co-ordinator to help execute the Chain Reaction event plan.
To be considered for this role, you must be an astute administrative and logistics professional with a passion for creating and executing quality events across outdoor physical activities and hospitality. You must have the ability to effectively communicate on all levels and be able to work autonomously on logistics and event-based projects within a small operations team. This is the ideal job for someone with a keen understanding of both sporting events and the hospitality sector with a desire to work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
Chain Reaction head office is based in Melbourne however, our events are delivered all over Australia. For example, between 2017 2020 events have been delivered or are scheduled in Sydney, South East Queensland, Far North Queensland, Melbourne, Adelaide, Tasmania and New Zealand.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the quality of the Chain Reaction brand is delivered consistently across all events
- Execute the year-round calendar of Chain Reaction events in conjunction with the Events Manager
- Manage on road activities which will include driving within a cycling convoy
- Plan and coordinate key elements of each events logistical requirements including course or venue planning, permits applications and other event documentation, sourcing accommodation and meals, sourcing and maintaining equipment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers of clothing, signage and marketing collateral, nutrition, catering, communication equipment, police, main roads, councils venue hire, vehicles and various consumables
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key event personnel including participants, bicycle technicians, medical professionals, massage therapists, charity partners and volunteers.
- Produce accurate and effective documentation and event information for participants, staff and suppliers
- Work to a budget, which may require negotiating flexible pricing and payment terms with suppliers
- Having a good understanding of risk management planning, documentation, procedure and reporting
Youll need to be available during the primary event season, March-May, during which your role will include specific and daily event-related logistics deliverables.
A suitable candidate for this position will have the following:
- Degree qualified is preferred but not essential
- Driven to deliver quality events and premium customer experiences
- Solid understanding of event planning, administration and production
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Highly motivated, solutions-orientated self-starter with adaptable teamwork styles
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Experience in multiple day, outdoor / sporting events and/or corporate hospitality will be highly valued
- The role will require interstate travel during the event and planning stage
- Must be willing and able to work the full event schedule March - May, including weekends
- Have a valid Australian drivers licence
The successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience across a variety of events work in sporting events and a knowledge of cycling is a plus. Youll be an enthusiastic self-starter with high attention to detail, creativity and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience planning and executing events start to finish, have comprehensive understanding of event administration, along with sound writing skills and good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
If this sounds like your sort of role then we encourage you to apply.
by 26 November 2019.
Please note only successful applicants will be notified.