Jagcor is a privately owned multi-disciplined construction services company with active operations across Australia.
The main focus of Jagcor is offering quality civil construction, specialised pre-cast concrete and concrete pumping services to the mining, oil and gas and infrastructure sectors.
The Role is up to 65 hours per week on a 3 and 1 roster. Reporting to the Directors, Operations Manager and coordinating with Site Project Management and Site Supervisors.
The Person Jagcor is looking for a Graduate Civil Engineer ideally with 2 years on site experience to facilitate the expanding operations of Jagcors construction division. We are looking for someone with a good attitude that can competently assist senior management and on-site supervisors with estimating, quality assurance and other ad-hoc administrative duties.
You will be a dynamic self-starter, with strong communication skills and the ability to motivate and drive a positive culture within the company as well as contribute to the team in a positive and proactive manner.
You must also demonstrate a proven work ethic and be a team player and must also pass a Medical and Drug and Alcohol test.
The ideal applicant should have experience in the civil construction industry and be capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines.
Expertise and familiarity with worker site-mobilization activities is also helpful but not essential.
The right candidate will be given a relatively high level of autonomy and the opportunity to optimise headquarter and project support functions. Remuneration will be based on level of experience.
The person will also possess the following:
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- 2 3 years on site construction experience desirable but not essential
- Strong ability to read construction drawings
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer literacy and experience Excel, Word & MS Project
- Positive attitude, with a willingness to advise and make a difference
- National Police Clearance
Key responsibilities include:
- Materials estimating and take-offs
- Administering and managing ITPs (Inspection Test Plans)
- Manage MDRIs (Manufacturers Data Report Indexes)
- Document Control Registers
- Project Gantt charts
- Regular administrative reporting
- Monitor internal and site-specific Policies and Procedures
- Coordination with Site Supervisors, Client Engineers and Project Managers
- Purchasing requisitions
We seek to provide a workplace that empowers and encourages innovation. Jagcor provides a competitive remuneration, with rewards and benefits. We value our people and adopt the philosophy of a positive safety culture.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.