$77,352 + 9.5% Superannuation
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Property branch is a key asset owner and the City of Melbourne’s revenue centre. The branch provides leadership and direction in the management and maintenance council owned community, corporate and commercial buildings.
As the Project Support Officer, you will contribute to the objectives of the area by providing customer focus, reporting and project support. The position will provide high level assistance to the Business Coordinator and Business Analyst.
You will provide a range of branch administrative and business support functions including managing customer contact portals, Salesforce, contract administration and utility and carpark analysis at a high level. Particular support will be provided to Facilities Management, Accommodation and Real Estate ensuring customer targets are exceeded and reported on regularly. In addition, you will maintain quality control of work orders for the branch and will contribute to improvement processes for better customer outcomes.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable working under broad direction and making day to day decisions within their area of responsibility, completing tasks within agreed timeframes and has a keen eye for details.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Proven experience in administration, financial, purchasing and business support work
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service, (internal and external), and stakeholder relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-function team environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ideally with graphic presentation skills
- High level of competence in the Microsoft Office software environment
- Ability to develop business systems to support the work of the Manager and Branch
- A high level of initiative and independence and the ability to establish own priorities and work with limited direction
- High level organisational skills and attention to detail.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to John Yovanches, Business Coordinator.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
City of Melbourne conducts a safety screening process for all employees including a Police and Working With Children Check.
Applications Close: 27/11/2019