Are you interested in working in the aerospace manufacturing industry, Do you have experience managing a team in a manufacturing environment, Are you an Engineer looking to start your journey into Operations Management.
Quickstep is an Australian publicly listed company, at the forefront of advanced composites manufacturing and technology development. We are the largest independent aerospace-grade advanced composite manufacturer in Australia, partnering with some of the worlds largest Aerospace/Defence organisations in our state of the art manufacturing facility located in Bankstown. Our vision is to be a leading global provider of advanced composite solutions. To achieve our vision we need diverse and capable people for management, technical and operational positions.
An exciting new opportunity exists for an experienced hands-on Manufacturing Lead to support our growing organisation. Reporting to the Program Manger Operations, your role will encompass safety, quality, delivery and cost. Responsible for managing the day to day operations of manufacturing section our new program, your success in this role lies in your ability to deliver quality manufacturing outcomes based around process improvement, scheduling & programming, with a focus on safety, lean implementation and cost reduction.
Snapshot of the role
- Drive team performance, providing recognition or creating improvement plans as required
- Maintain a safe working environment, and compliance of procedures related to job specifications
- Monitor and ensure quality of work and produced products are to the customers requirements
- Ensure productivity targets are met via appropriate resourcing and planning
- Work with supervisor and other team leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedule are met
- Work with support engineers to identify ways to improve the speed or accuracy of manufacturing process. Liaise with training professionals to improve the skills of production workers
What we are looking for
- Post qualification training in appropriate fields desirable
- Experience working in a production lead or management role
- Sound technical knowledge including lean manufacturing methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of implementing process improvements to enhance efficiency, eliminate waste and reduce operating costs
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Automotive, or Industrial Engineering desirable but not essential
Benefits and Perks
Quickstep offer a market competitive remuneration package, career and professional development opportunities, a flexible working environment including the opportunity to purchase annual leave, and a supportive team where your contribution will be valued. We hope that you will consider joining us as we continue our progress towards becoming a global provider of advanced composite components and manufacturing processes.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via Seek.
Applications close 2nd December 2019
Quickstep recognise that diversity is a key asset to our workforce and therefore strive to achieve and maintain a strong diverse workforce where diversity is valued and encouraged. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and preventing unlawful discrimination, as such, we encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
Please be advised applicants will be asked to supply proof of eligibility to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check as a part of Quicksteps pre-employment procedures. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.