Opportunity to support the design and drafting of our telecommunications network, Join an established and reputable HV Electricity Network utility, Great environment, flexible working options, on-site parking, cafetaria and gym.
Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion. Powerlink is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join a small but dedicated Telecommunications Systems Design section to provide in-house design services and technical expertise that support a cost-efficient, whole-of-life design philosophy to deliver on Powerlink’s infrastructure and project commitments.
In this temporary, approximately 11 months role, Telecommunications Systems Design role you will provide the telecommunications design and drafting on allocated projects, mainly in the areas of multiplexing systems, MPLS-TP, fibre optic, protection signalling, microwave, mobile radio, and power line carrier.
This is a temporary position up until 30 October 2020.
This is a dedicated telecommunications design -drafting contract role and requires a demonstrated understanding and application of telecommunications systems and equipment, with high attention to detail and accuracy, with a demonstrated ability to work to defined timeframes.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally you will have an Associate Diploma in Telecommunications/ Electronic Engineering
- You will need experience in telecommunications design projects and tasks for multiplexing systems, MPLS-TP, fibre optic, protection signalling, microwave, mobile radio, and power line carrier.
- Self-motivated, able to identify and resolve issues proactively.
- Able to handle multiple concurrent projects, tasks and activities while managing timeframes and expectations of the associated stakeholders.
- Ensure that the design team meets all of its goals through cooperative working with management and peers.
- Well-developed technical writing skills
Applications close at 8 PM Friday 29 November 2019.
At Powerlink we are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.