Multiple positions available, $67,345, plus 15% superannuation, Free parking.
- Multiple positions available!
- $67,345 plus 15% superannuation
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to join our Infrastructure Services team as a Water Industry Operator in Field Services.
Who are we
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberras network of water and wastewater infrastructure and assets including dams, reservoirs, treatment plants, water and sewerage pumping stations to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. Icon Water has been part of the Canberra community for 100 years.
At Icon Water, we include a positive safety culture that supports and inspires because the work we do matters to thousands of Canberrans.
We like our workforce to be as diverse and engaged as the communities we serve, so we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages.
We are open to working flexibly with you, so talk to us and ask how this role can be made flexible for you.
We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
You will be responsible for:
- Construction and maintenance of water distribution, sewerage and storm water transfer systems
- Preparing and restoring work sites
- Operating and cleaning of vehicles and equipment
- Inspiring and encouraging the development of safe working practices and procedures.
If you have:
- Experience in using systems to locate assets through maps or technical drawings
- Proven understanding of standard mathematics, written literacy and computer literacy
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- A medium rigid license (or willingness to obtain)
Even better if you have:
- Water distribution system experience
- Relevant trade qualifications
Then, we would love to hear from you!
How can I apply now
We encourage you to apply through our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the key skills and experiences that you can bring to this role.
Applications close on 11pm 3 December 2019, so don't forget! If you would like to get in touch or learn more about the role,