At Seqwater, it is our job to deliver clean, reliable and affordable water and catchment services to our customers and communities across South East Queensland. We are committed to our vision of ‘water for life’ through working with our stakeholders, customers and communities to develop an adaptive plan for a sustainable water future.
Over the next 10 years we have an unprecedented number of high cost and high complexity projects that need to be delivered to meet water security and flood resilience demands. These projects involve higher levels of government governance and more interaction with a larger range of stakeholders, requiring a dedicated group to manage the planning and delivery of
The newly created Major Projects team are seeking a Program Manager. As a proven and highly regarded Program Manager, you will be primarily responsible for working across the Major Projects leading the program management and governance function. Reporting to the General Manager Major Projects you will be contributing to a group that manages multi-billion-dollar projects that delivers upgrades to Dams, treatment plans and pipelines across South East Queensland.
You will responsible for liaising with executive and senior management to lead the overall program management, governance function and forward planning of projects.
Please note this is a contract role through until June 2024.
Full details available on the position description at careers.seqwater.com.au
To set you up for success in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Engineering or Project Management.
- Post graduate qualifications are desirable
- Advanced skills in procedures for program controls implementation and management.
- Demonstrated experience in written and oral communication with a range of stakeholders including Executives, Board and Government
- Well-developed exposure to industry best practice, including use of current tools and systems for planning and cost control.
- Ability to prioritise strategic and long-term tasks by weighing up the importance, risk and impact; decisively, where appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience in major project planning and delivery.
- At least 10 years professional experience including leading and managing a multi-skilled professional team in a dynamic environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal management skills, and ability to maintain open and effective working communication with a broad range of professional groups, staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate strong commercial understanding to resolve issues evaluates and balances commercial consideration (e.g. risks, customer needs, added value, costs to the business, long-term value).
- Ability to think strategically and implement solutions with attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving.
What’s great about Seqwater
We are committed to providing our people a dynamic work environment with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration and relocation support available
- Diversity of jobs and career progression opportunities
- A team orientated work environment
- A range of Health & Wellbeing services and initiatives for staff
- Flexible working arrangements
- Free Parking close to our Ipswich Head Office
Please note a criminal history check will be undertaken prior to an offer being made for this position.
Salary is highly competitive and will be commensurate with experience
To submit your application
Submit your cover letter and CV via the Apply button.
Applications close: Monday 25th November 2019 at 9am
‘We are a safe, inclusive workplace that supports diversity and opportunity. We invest in our people and empower them to make decisions and challenge the status quo’