Advantage Feeders is the leading innovator of livestock feeding products to advance ruminant production. We pride ourselves on our in-house development and marketing of innovative systems. Our product range offers our clients substantial benefits and we value our commitment and resolve to improve farming practices. We build strong relationships with farmers by directly working with them.
Advantage Feeders has a global footprint with international companies in the UK, New Zealand, Ireland, the USA, and Canada.
About the role
The Advantage Feeders farm is in Burrumbeet, Victoria, just 20km from Ballarat. The objective of the farm is to continue to push the boundaries of ruminant production through increasing pasture production, feed utilisation, and animal husbandry. We invite applications for a newly created full-time position, Farm Manager, to join our team and in achieving new highs in production.
The role will both be practical in completing livestock and machinery tasks in addition to using the latest technologies in arable and livestock management.
- Manage the intensive production systems of the heard of approximately 1800 ewes plus offspring
- Manage the lamb feedlot.
- Manage pastures, grazing cereals and forage crops by rotational grazing to maximise energy grown and consumed by livestock.
- Measure the quantity of pasture and supplement fed to quantify production
- Record the productivity of individual animals
- Manage casual staff
- Organise contractors, including, shearing, spray, seeding, harvest, haymaking, etc.
- Test new equipment developed by Advantage Feeders.
- Improve the infrastructure of the property
- Use machinery to provide supplement feed to livestock.
We can teach you how to do the job, but values come from within. What attributes are we looking for in our ideal Farm Manager Heres a checklist. If you can tick every box, you are a perfect fit.
- Passion: An enthusiastic and committed team player with the attitude of making sure tasks are completed to a high standard
- Integrity: A thorough approach taking ownership of responsibilities and issues
- Communication: An active listener who seeks first to understand before being understood, enjoys communicating with other farmers and understands the needs of systematic recording of information and communicating this with other team members
- Innovation: Proactively looks for a new way to do things better and improve systems so tasks can be completed by a single person
- Continuous Improvement: Goes about daily work with the intent to improve yourself and constantly simplify and improve processes
The successful candidate is happy to work independently and in teams. They will have a broad range of skills and enjoy being responsible for several tasks.
The role will suit a candidate that has a number of years of farm management experience.
The successful incumbent will be provided with training, resources and on-going support. We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience. A vehicle will be provided.
How to apply
Make this your opportunity to live in or near a regional city and join a local company with a global mission to revolutionise livestock production and gain invaluable experience and knowledge.
Applications close Friday the 13th of December with the successful candidate to commence soon after.