Great opportunity to enjoy the benefits of a large rural community, As a Senior Manager, make an impact on the Australian AgVet Industry, Make 2020 the year for a positive career change.
Our client is an agency of the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources. It was established in 1993 to centralise the registration of all agricultural and veterinary chemical (AgVet) products into the Australian marketplace.
The registration process involves scientifically evaluating the safety and efficacy of a product in order to protect the health and safety of people, animals, plants and the environment.
New Year, New Role! Based in Armidale NSW, north of Sydney, in regional Northern New South Wales, our client offers exciting opportunities for a challenging career where you can apply your scientific expertise for the benefit of all Australians.
Due to movement, a position has become available for a Director Administration in the Armidale operations of this agency, at Executive Level 2. This role can be offered under various employment options, ideally as a permanent ongoing position, or on a fixed term tenure of two, three or four years.
With relocation assistance and the option for sponsorship, this role presents the perfect scenario for professionals to work for a key government authority. If you enjoy travelling, Armidale presents the perfect opportunity to explore the many wonders of Australia's regional NSW and beyond.
The Director Administration heads the Case Management and Administration Unit (CMAU). This is a large team responsible for a number of key activities within this agency. The area is the first point of contact for all enquiries including telephone and emails. CMAU administer the processing of product, active constituent and permit applications for pesticides and veterinary medicines. The unit also case manages applications though the assessment process and is the primary point of contact between the agency and applicants.
Working within established legislative and policy frameworks, the Director is required to have a proven ability and experience in front line service delivery in a customer focus environment. The role has direct oversight of the activities of up to 25 staff, as such experience in leading, mentoring and managing the operations of similarly sized, timeframe driven administrative teams is required.
The position is responsible for providing advice and addressing stakeholder concerns in relation to complex and sensitive matters associated with leading large administrative teams undertaking the Case Management for a large number of applications from the public (principally commercial businesses). The unit is responsible for serving as the agencys primary point of contact between external clients, service providers and assessment staff within the agency.
To be successful in your application, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in scientific disciplines is essential. Relevant disciplines include agriculture, zoology, environmental science, epidemiology, chemistry, biology, medical or veterinary science, pharmacy or toxicology.
- Ability to manage complex industry and client interactions with respect to technical matters
- Be strategically minded with the ability to show sound judgment exhibiting intelligence and common sense
- Experienced at building organisational capability and responsiveness
- As you will be dealing with a variety of stakeholders, you must be capable of cultivating productive internal and external working relationships
- Strong personal drive demonstrating integrity, professionalism and probity
- Excellent communication skills allowing you to influence others whilst adapting your response to accommodate your audience
- Experienced with change management initiatives and implementation
- This is a security assessed position and the successful applicant will be required to undergo a security assessment.
Applicants being considered for shortlisting for this role will be asked by CS Executive Group to complete formal selection criteria.
CS Executive Group would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to apply for this role.