Temporary Full-Time, until September 2020, $71,661.93 - $83,373.67 per annum (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation, Regular RDO's Available.
Assistant Building Surveyor
Reference number: 13020
Closing date: 11:45pm, Monday 2 December 2019
- Temporary Full-Time, until September 2020
- Classified as Band 5
- $71,661.93 - $83,373.67 per annum (pro rata) plus 9.5% superannuation
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 127,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
This opportunity will see you assisting the Building Surveyor in undertaking the statutory functions required under the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018, in addition to providing efficient customer service to the community and the general building profession.
Positioned within Council’s Regulatory & City Compliance area, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting in the assessment of building permits, Council report and consent applications, as well as other related building requirements
- Supporting the Council inspection program for essential Safety Measures on all relevant buildings in accordance with the current program
- Working with Council’s proactive swimming pool safety barrier inspection program
- Conducting building inspections to ensure buildings provide adequate health, safety and amenities to the occupants
- Issuing of building permits and assisting with the preparation of reports
To be suitable for this position, you will possess:
- Completed Advanced Diploma in Building Surveying or relevant experience in building control with local government or the private building surveying industry
- Ability to conduct the inspection of buildings to ensure compliance with the relevant building standards, codes and regulations
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and sound customer focus
- Current and valid Victorian Driver’s Licence
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 02/12/2019