Full time, ongoing position, Based in Sandy Bay, Hobart, Challenging and rewarding role.
Engineering Services Officer (Mechanical)
- Full time, ongoing position
- Based in Sandy Bay, Hobart
- Challenging and rewarding role
The University of Tasmania is building a vision of a place-based University with a mission to enhance the intellectual, economic, social and culture future of Tasmania, and from Tasmania, contribute to the world in areas of distinctive advantage. The University recognises that achieving this vision is dependent on the people we employ as well as creating a University that is values-driven, relational, diverse, and development-focused.
The Facilities Management Unit supports the University Campus experience objectives through overseeing the planning, scheduling and delivery of maintenance services (preventative and corrective), overseeing infrastructure upgrades, managing statutory risk and compliance, planning and managing the University’s grounds, engineering services, utility management and the administration and operation of various systems (security, fire, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)/Building Management System (BMS), metering). Overseeing delivery of the objectives to ensure WHS compliance is achieved and maintained.
Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, the Engineering Services Officer (Mechanical), will provide the operation of HVAC & BMS, support delivery of maintenance services, infrastructure upgrades and projects by advising or managing directly. Specifically, the position will administer the University’s BMS, provide operation of HVAC for the South of the state and backup operation for the North of the state, and assist with the development, planning and delivery of, Infrastructure Services Projects. The position will require the incumbent to be available to respond to afterhours emergencies.
- Undertake, or engage contractors to undertake, set point adjustment, time scheduling and programming alteration, including afterhours response via phone or VPN BMS access.
- Assist in the delivery and maintenance of energy management services, including demand management and identifying efficiency gains or energy reductions.
- Undertake investigative or diagnostic assessments as permitted by trades licences or authorities, including but not limited to control systems and HVAC plant.
- Assist with the planning, development and delivery of HVAC projects, including engagement and liaison with external consultants and contractors in accordance with UTAS tendering and probity requirements.
- Monitor, collect and analyse data on the condition, effectiveness, performance, capacity and efficiency of HVAC infrastructure, including assisting with the development and maintenance of knowledge/databases (including schematics/plans); and providing reports and recommendations for action.
To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A trades or degree qualification in a relevant area with extensive relevant experience or extensive experience and specialist expertise, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously to ensure successful outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong focus on building strong relationships, dealing effectively with a wide range of people and preparing a range of documentation to undertaken effective client/Stakeholder communications.
- Developed knowledge and experience of building services, in particular HVAC, management, operation and design based on various engineering principles.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory and legal compliance issues, including work health and safety and Australian Standards.
- Demonstrated competence and understanding of BMS and computer-based information and management systems. Working knowledge and ability to use operating systems, data networking and relevant computer software packages.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $100,345 comprising base salary within the range of $79,093 to $85,765 plus 17% superannuation.
How to Apply
- To apply online, please provide your resume, cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role, and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
- For further information about this position, please contact Mark White, Engineering Services Manager
Applications close Monday, 2 December 2019, 11.55pm
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.