The Pared Foundation was established in 1982 as a personal initiative of parents and educators to operate schools and other educational projects which assist parents in their tasks as the primary educators of their children. The Pared Foundation operates the following schools: Redfield College, Dural, Tangara School for Girls, Cherrybrook, Montgrove College, Orchard Hills and Wollemi College, Werrington. The system of education is personalised, seeking to integrate the pursuit of academic excellence, the acquisition of skills and the development of the students character.
The role of Chief Financial Officer is a critical leadership role, focussed on driving continuous business improvement. Reporting to the Bursar, you will improve financial strategy and management, ensure the long-term viability of the School and related entities, and maintain robust structures to monitor performance and reduce financial risks.
Accountable for all financial matters, you will drive financial performance, manage financial risks, financial planning, financial reporting to government departments, ensure tax obligations are met, oversee all accounting practises, assist with strategic financial planning and long-term forecasts, and supervise the management of investments.
Working with and leading a Finance Team of 5, you will be required to develop and maintain positive working relationships and provide advice and support to key internal and external stakeholders, including members of the Senior Executive, and the Board and Executives of related entities. Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels are pre-requisite, as well as some flexibility in working hours is required.
This is a permanent full-time role, located at Dural and close to public transport. A free lunch is provided daily.
The Chief Financial Officer will be specifically be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring cash flow and maintaining integrity of available funds
- Maintaining long term financial plans in line with the strategic plan
- Preparing monthly financial reports for the School Council
- Budget preparation
- Ensuring the integrity of the payroll system
- Ensuring the integrity of debtors and billing processes and payments to creditors
- Preparing and submitting annual FBT return
- Preparing and submitting annual Financial Questionnaire, Commonwealth Census, and Workers Compensation Questionnaire
- Annual reporting to the ACNC
- Ensuring all documents are available for the annual audit
- Ensuring insurance compliance
- Financial reporting on major outsourced contracts and activities
The Chief Financial Officer will ideally possess the following qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- An ability and willingness to respect and uphold the ethos and teaching of the Catholic Church and the mission and values the Pared Foundation
- Bachelors degree in a relevant subject is essential. A Masters degree will be highly regarded
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a similar role in an independent school or in Education is essential.
- A professional Accounting qualification
- A current member of Association of School Business Administrators (ASBA) or eligible to be a member
- Commercially astute with strategic thinking and planning ability
- Strong computer skills with up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting applications
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management ability
- Ability to drive a culture of best practise and continuous improvement at all times
- Proactive and self-motivated, solution outcome focused with initiative to anticipate and overcome challenges, and implement efficiencies in order to drive projects forward
- Exemplary personal and professional standards with outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to work effectively either as part of a team and or independently
Applications close 6 December 2019.
Preferred candidates will be required to undergo a National Criminal History Record Check and Working With Children Check prior to commencement in the role.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.