Innovative industry leader, Great team culture, Growth opportunities.
Concept Fibres is a marine and composites company based in Carrum Downs servicing the peninsula, greater Melbourne region and abroad. We specialise in high end composite construction, small/medium batch composite production, marine builds/repairs/modifications and tooling/mould manufacturing. At Concept Fibres we believe in a fun and enjoyable working environment, while working hard as part of a team to produce high quality products and meet client deadlines.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified shipwright/boat builder/composites technician with a Certificate 3 in Marine Craft Construction or equivalent (Spray Painters and Panel Beaters looking for a change of scenery may also suit this role). Must be willing to work as part of a team and also unsupervised. This job is based at our Carrum Downs facility, but would require the successful candidate to occasionally travel to close by commercial yards and marinas to complete their work.
To be considered for this positions you will: - Hold trade qualifications in Boat Building/Composites (or equivalent experience in other trades)
- Have demonstrated experience working in boat building or composite manufacturing (or equivalent)
- Demonstrate excellent hand tool skills, power tool and machinery experience
- Demonstrate knowledge in OHS best practice and procedures
- Have experience in working with fibreglass and/or carbon fibre laminates
- Have experience in working with gelcoats and colour matching
- Have experience in working with 2pack paints and spray painting
- Vacuum bagging/ infusion experience would be preferable
-Tooling/pattern making experience would also be favourable
Remuneration will reflect level of industry experience.
25/11/2019$0Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs1 Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
Apply for this job
Option 1: Use this option if you want to upload a new cover letter and a Resume file