- 1 position available
- Opportunity to work for the leading and largest fuel injection company in Australia
- Full-Time vacancy available after completing a successful mandatory probationary period
This role is a great fit if you have the following
- Experience using manual CNC machines is advantageous
- Experience using CNC machines or willingness to learn is advantageous
- General ability to use and read manual measuring equipment (non-digital) is preferred eg.Vernier callipers, micrometres and dial indicators
- Use of general hand tools and power tools advantageous
- A good understanding of math is advantageous
- Ability to show attention to detail, particularly in a repetitive production environment
- Ability to understand technical drawings is advantageous
- Ability to draw and plot technical information for drawings is advantageous
- Ability to comprehend verbal and or written instructions
- Physically fit /strength to carry out general handling duties throughout BDG workshop
- Studied welding & fabrication and or fitting & machining at TAFE is preferred (pre-apprenticeship)
- A general interest in working with your hands and things of a mechanical nature
You are successful and have proven to possess skill sets to ensure that you strive for efficiency in process and accuracy assessment and machining and skills are of a high standard where business objectives and process are complied with.
You also have well developed verbal, written communication and numerical skills and can undertake quality assurance functions for the critical feedback and assessment of own work.
In this role you will:
You will obtain KPIs and produce quality work in a busy work environment, using correct procedures in a safe and efficient manner, participate in research and development.
Actively contribute to the outputs to meet all business objectives and requirements.
Provide a high level of professionalism to contribute to a culture of alignment to BDG objectives to BDG standards.
You can complete all tasks using strategic planning and with your experience and knowledge demanding high level of technical tasks with ease.
In 1972, Gregory Bailey started a diesel fuel injection repair business in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Today, CEO Stephen Bailey provides all innovation, improvements and direction of all products including research and development within the Baileys Diesel Group.
With over 47 years expertise and knowledge the Baileys Diesel Group is an industry world leader, #1 diesel combustion efficiency and technology. We actively participate in servicing, maintaining and improving industrial, rail, marine, mining, off- highway and on-road vehicles.
Baileys Diesel Group operates from Baileys Diesel Technology Centre in Wollongong New South Wales. This is a state of the art, 1500m all-inclusive facility south of Sydney, New South Wales. The Baileys Diesel Group also operates a satellite office in Perth, Western Australia.
Baileys Diesel Group focus is on reducing the fuel expended during combustion, therefore reducing the carbon footprint by actively participating in reducing greenhouse gases and emissions, other benefits include reducing overall costs, down time and engine maintenance.
We are aligned with views of United Nations 2030 Agenda and commitment to reduce these international emissions targets.
The Baileys Diesel Group clearly knows our purpose; to serve our clients by the ability to compare, improve measure and validate to international standards. We deliver quality results and superior client service in everything we undertake.
To assist clients to reduce all fuel consumption by applying efficient diesel combustion whilst reducing carbon emissions, and therefore reducing environmental and social impacts.
Environmental: actively reduce greenhouse gases and emissions
Ethical: consistent application of strong moral and ethical principles
Commitment: measure, compare, improve and validate
Efficiency: innovate in all areas of development, technology and manufacturing
Operations: support sound project management and methodology principles
Baileys Diesel Group is proudly #1 in combustion efficiency. We provide quality diesel performance products and solutions with stringent quality assurance, and a focus to enhance Sustainable Development goals.
BDG offer employees an interesting, challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to work independently whilst enjoying the benefits of a large organisation. BDG is committed to supporting the successful candidates with on-going training and development for career progression.
All tools and PPE boots, BDG shirts (also BDG uniform dry cleaned) are supplied, we also offer a staff purchase policy on BDG products and also vehicle shop repairs.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a request on email for a full information package to Belinda Twomey
- Your resume (max 5 pages), referencing relevant experience, credentials and supporting documentation
- Claim for the position (max 2 pages)
Job Grade / Classification: CNC Operator
Total Remuneration Package: to be discussed at interview, specific to candidate
Please note Pre-employment checks may include:
- Appropriate fitness assessment and medical according to the role
- criminal record check
- 100 point identity check
- BDG will seek confirmation on claims made in submitted applications
BDG Welcome queries: Should you have any queries about the role, or, for assistance on how to apply, please contact:
Applications close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 1 December 2019