- Do you have experience managing high priority projects to deliver quality outcomes to tight deadlines
- Lead a team that drives design, copy & production across the NSW Government
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government.
We support the Premier and the Special Minister of State, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
Working with us will give you a broad overview in areas such as public policy formulation, public administration and state administrative matters and an opportunity to be involved in a range of state-wide policies, issues and projects.
About the Role
The Associate Director, Creative & Copy Services is responsible for managing and developing high quality and innovative communications materials for the Department of Premier and Cabinet and the NSW Government, from initial briefing to final delivery to drive targeted, engaging, relevant and effective communications.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic advice and preparing design, copy and production briefs in conjunction with DPC teams to drive best practice in government communications.
- Leading a creative culture within the design, copy and videography team to develop highly engaging content across multimedia channels.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders to achieve a better understanding of content and enhance delivery of essential government information.
- Overseeing production of high quality materials from concept to delivery to ensure the Governments communication is clear, concise and accurate.
- Researching and adopting new technologies for the purpose of meeting changing user expectations, achieving project deadlines and milestones.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Significant experience in design programs such as Adobe InDesign Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat.
- Demonstrated experience across multimedia channels, including online, print, events, presentations and general collateral material.
- Experience managing a creative team and working on multiple projects, achieving project deadlines and milestones within agreed timeframes and performance standards.
How to Apply: Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum two pages] addressing the two targeted questions below.
- an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience.
- Provide an example of a time when you were required to obtain internal or external stakeholder or customer agreement to a major change on a project you were working on. How did you gain cooperation and support for the change and what was the result
- Give me an example of when you have formulated an innovative or creative strategy to address a whole of government communications problem What was your creative strategy What barriers to implementation did you need to overcome
Closing date: Tuesday, 3 December 2019 [11:59 PM]
Job note: A recruitment pool may be established to fill similar temporary or ongoing vacancies in the next 18 months.
Salary: Clerk Grade 11/12. Package includes base salary ($128,089 - $148,134) plus superannuation and leave loading.
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: Our workplace supports those experiencing domestic and family violence and works to achieve gender equality. We received accreditation for our practices and remain committed to these issues .Diverse workforces are more innovative, productive and increase the delivery of high-quality services.
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, other diversity groups, and women.