At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer. The largest gold producer in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity.
With good rosters and a unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, we also provide DIDO with accommodation in our Village
About the Role
Newmont Goldcorp are currently seeking a Project Engineerto joinour Boddington Gold Mine operations. Within this role you will ensure the sustaining capital works projects at Boddington Gold Mine are designed, constructed and commissioned in accordance with the Site Requirements and that it complies with all relevant statutory and safety requirements.
You will be responsible for project managing assigned projects in the project department as well as interact extensively with both Newmont Boddington Operations and external parties, including external consultants, contractors, supply authorities and statutory bodies.
In This Role You Will Be:
- Ensuring statutory compliance for all installations, equipment and works related to the project.
- Manage the provision of engineering design, records and documentation.
- Developing schedule, scope of work and execution strategies which will support the development of AFEs.
- Support the capital identification, budget and AFE programs development
- Managing the resolution of complex engineering technical issues.
- Developing scope of works and project execution strategies which support a timely and cost effective solution.
- Developing good relationships with the relevant technical and equipment supply service providers.
- Ensuring compliance to operational readiness requirements prior to and post commissioning
Your Skills, Training and Experience Checklist
- Tertiary level qualifications in Engineering
- Engineering experience within a large scale complex processing plant or heavy industry.
- Sound knowledge of relevant statutory regulations and standards.
- Ability to lead work teams and apply analytical thinking in problem solving.
- This person must be motivated, dynamic, organized, disciplined, and responsible.
- The ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and work under pressure is essential.
- Good communication skills, including written, are required.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.