Opportunity for future growth for the right candidate, Working on an 8/6 Roster FIFO from Perth, Superannuation on all hours worked at 10.25%.
Barminco is part of the Ausdrill Group, an ASX 200 company and Australias second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) we operate in Australia, India and across Africa in Egypt, Ghana, Tanzania and Burkina Faso. New projects will see Barminco and AUMS grow to 3,700 employees in 2019.
Our values of Safety, Integrity and Excellence are the cornerstone of everything we do. Our purpose is to create value for mine owners and we are absolutely focused on delivering for our customers, with a vision to be the worlds leading hard rock underground mining services provider.
The collective capability of our people is critical to our success and we are looking for talented people who share our values and are as committed to creating value for our clients as we are.
Barminco Ltd is currently seeking a suitably experienced Rhino Technician / Senior Fitter with previous Raise bore experience and knowledge for a semi-autonomous role working on our Operations roving throughout Western Australia on an 8/6 roster accompanying our state of the art mobile raise boring machine with back reaming capability, the Rhino 100.
Reporting to the WA Operations Manager, you will be required to accompany this unique piece of machinery throughout our WA Operations for Mechanical and Electrical diagnostic repairs, first response problem solving in the field & Underground along with scheduled maintenance.
- These Permanent Full-Time wages roles paying Superannuation on all hours worked at 10.25%
- Working on an 8/6 Roster FIFO from Perth (Roster is negotiable for the right candidate)
- Full Training will be provided
- Dayshift Only
- Opportunity for future growth for the right candidate, take this role and make it yours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe workplace through daily inspections for hazards;
- Mechanical and Electrical Diagnostic fault finding on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems;
- Preplanning & Organising of upcoming maintenance scopes of work and parts;
- Defect reporting and raising of work orders;
- Ordering of parts and Equipment using SAP Program (Training will be provided);
- Perform maintenance and servicing program according to company standards and work instructions;
- Be proactive in all preventative maintenance procedures to ensure quality repairs are maintained;
- Weekly maintenance reporting; &
- Organise, Plan and execute transportation of Equipment from Operation to Operation.
- Previous experience with Rhino or Conventional Raised Boring rigs / Drill Rigs is advantageous.
- Australian Recognised Trade Certificate;
- Ability to FIFO from Perth
- C Class Drivers Licence.
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Previous experience working within the mining industry;
- Commitment to safety.
Your proactive attitude to safety and driven work ethic will see you as a much valued employee in line with Barminco's values and can do' attitude, and will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package completing our vision of a work life balance in a strong team environment.
A full pre-employment medical is required, including a drug and alcohol screen and site specific clearances. A National Police Clearance and any necessary tickets or qualifications are required to be presented at time of interview.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.