Newmont Goldcorp Australian operations are located in Western Australia and the Northern Territory with roles in operations, projects and exploration. Regional Support is provided from our offices based in Subiaco - close to public transport and with onsite parking facilities. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities. With operations on four continents, we are honoured to be named the mining industry leader by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and the only one listed in the S&P 500 index
About This Role:
You will plan, design and execute gold exploration activities on projects assigned under the direction of the Senior Exploration Geologist and in collaboration with the respective group geologists both within the Regional Exploration Group, site geology teams and outside partners.
You will be responsible for data evaluation, model building and reporting, field activities involving land access, program design, scheduling, execution and supervision of staff/contractors.
You may also be involved in the development of robust sets of open file data over new projects in Australia, and developing sound geological models that identify prospective areas that have the potential to yield significant gold discoveries.
In This Role You Will:
- Design efficient and cost effective field programs to define quality drill targets, and plan and implement effective, definitive drill programs on approved targets.
- Lead field logistics, contract field assistants, geophysics crews and drilling crews in accordance with Newmont exploration standard operating procedures Technically, document the work completed during the field season.
- Provide direction and technical expertise while ensuring work outputs are in line with strategic and business plans.
- Clear concise communication of technical results and recommendations through informal and formal reporting
- Assist with the transfer of project specific knowledge with colleagues, develop and mentor less experienced peers
- Ensure all operations are conducted in an environmentally sensitive manner with due regard to local community concerns.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- Tertiary Qualification minimum of B.Sc. Geology preferably with Honours, or greater degrees.
- At least 5 Years Post Graduate experience in gold exploration.
- 2 Years Supervisory experience.
- Strong PC skills and computer literacy.
- Experience using exploration software technical packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant Mining Act and Regulations.
This role is based at Perth Technical Facility located in Welshpool.
You will be expected to be available for field work for significant periods as required, with time off in lieu of weekends worked. During field stints you supervise projects on a 7 day a week, 12 hours a day basis for the duration of the field project within fatigue management guidelines.
Conditions may be basic and/or harsh at times and some work will involve remote living field and campaign work.
You will need to hold/operate a mobile or satellite phone with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation.
You must be able to safely and effectively drive a manual-speed, 4x4 vehicle.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.