- VPS 3.1
- The Digital Designer is responsible for the visual and interaction design of the Library's websites, digital assets, digital applications and other digital products.
State Library Victoria is the State's premier reference and research library, the hub of state-wide information and communication network, and a gateway to the world's information. The State Library is Australia's busiest public library with a collection of over 4.9 million items and a diverse range of exhibitions and programming, inspiring possibilities for all Victorians.
About the role:
The Digital Designer will design, develop, adapt and maintain the Library's websites, digital assets, digital applications and other digital products in line with internal style guides and design, usability and accessibility standards.
Drawing upon design and user research, the Digital Designer will iteratively improve the impact of design assets to the overall digital user experience. They will contribute and respond to creative briefs and ensure that the visual design of the Library's digital offerings aligns with brand guidelines and supports marketing strategies for key projects, programs and initiatives.
This role will work alongside the Senior Digital Designer, as well as collaboratively within and across multidisciplinary teams including product development, content producers, marketing, brand and communications as well as external providers. This will include responsibility for creating conceptual artefacts such as wireframes, storyboards and prototypes, and designing new digital assets, including responsive UI design, digital banners, digital creative for marketing campaigns, animated motion graphics and creative social media assets.
The role will require strong project management principles to deliver design solutions according to project scope, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality design assets.
The Digital Designer is accountable for the following measurable outcomes:
- Creative, innovative digital design and conceptual artefacts that deliver an engaging, accessible user experience.
- Devising creative digital solutions for onsite digital assets and online platforms, including iterating and improving designs of existing digital properties and/or including rebranding or modifying the UI of existing web pages.
- Brand and user standards applied across all product platforms ensuring all digital design is in line with internal style guides and design, usability and accessibility standards.
- Projects delivered on time, to agreed scope in conjunction with internal stakeholders and external providers.
Applications close: Tuesday, 3 December 2019