General Manager Event Operations and Risk (Part Time Permanent 0.6/0.8 FTE)
- Newly created role, Melbourne CBD Location
- Develop and deliver participation and event operations strategies to influence the future of Australias largest participation event on Mothers Day
- Opportunity to shape and implement organisational and event specific risk frameworks and strategies
- Senior part time leadership opportunity with genuine flexible working arrangements
The Women in Super Mothers Day Classic is a national participation event held on Mothers Day, attracting over 100,000 attendees each year. Established in 1998 and organised by the MDC Foundation (MDCF), its purpose is to raise funds for breast cancer research, to increase awareness of and, to support and remember those affected by, breast cancer. All proceeds from the event are donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) and, to date, over $37m has been raised for breast cancer research.
The MDC Foundation Ltd as trustee for Mothers Day Classic Foundation is a company limited by guarantee, and a public company with charitable status (MDC Foundation Limited ACN 604 328 994).
MDCF is seeking a dynamic and experienced General Manager Event Operations and Risk who will report directly to the CEO. This role will be responsible for the:
- Dynamic leadership of the event operations team and oversight of the delivery of all MDC events;
- Forward and strategic event planning including the development and implementation of participation and event experience strategies and the development of continuous improvement practices;
- Management of the relationship (including tendering, negotiation and ongoing support and direction) with major operational contractors including external major event managers, merchandise providers, supplier contracts; distribution/medallions, event timing and the participant registration system contractor;
- Financial management of event operations and event specific budgets;
- Development and implementation of organisational and event specific risk frameworks and strategies.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be tertiary qualified in a business or related discipline, have significant demonstrable experience in a key leadership role across similar operational capability and a strong understanding of event management, organisational and event specific risk, and/or other operational or logistics environments.
You will have a business or commercial background with well-developed contract/stakeholder negotiation and management skills along with a demonstrated experience of risk management within the event or NFP sector. This role will oversee all event operations, including ongoing business and systems needs including human resources and IT.
If you feel that you have the skills, expertise and drive to be successful in this role and join our small close-knit team then please send a detailed covering letter clearly outlining why this is the role for you along with your resume by close of business on Wednesday, 4 December 2019.
Salary for this role is negotiable depending on the candidates prior expertise, however will be within the range for a NFP in a leadership position.
Some benefits available at the MDCF include:
- 4 additional rostered days off (1 per quarter pro rata)
- Additional 3.5 days annual leave between Christmas and New Year (pro rata) (after 12 months service)
- Flexible working arrangements are supported
Please note that while we will acknowledge each application, only those candidates that are shortlisted will be contacted in person. We appreciate your understanding. Candidate screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.