Diverse Role, Growth and Development, Global Company.
About the business and the role
"Delivering the support you need"
DSI Underground is one of Australias largest, leading manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of specialist strata reinforcement and support products to the underground coal and metalliferous mining sectors. DSI also provides galvanising and other related services to the mining, civil, marine, commercial, and industrial industries.
With our Asia-Pacific Head Office located in Newcastle, New South Wales, DSI also have major sites in Brisbane and Perth. To ensure efficient supply and technical support across Australia, we also have branch offices and warehouses in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia within the major mining regions.
* Diverse Role
* Growth and Development
* Global Company
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and motivated Receptionist / Office Administrator. As a Receptionist / Office Administrator, you will the first point of contact for customers and stakeholders and is required to provide high quality and professional service, front desk reception, switchboard and administrative support.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Receptionist / Office Administrator is responsible for receiving and directing telephone enquiries, receiving all visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff member within the organisation. As well as provide daily office administration support, including purchasing tasks.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Based in Kewdale, Perth and reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the duties and responsibilities associated with this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Answer and Direct all incoming telephone calls;
- Forward messages to the relevant person;
- Open and distribute of daily mail as well as posting outgoing mail;
- Receive customers and visitors in a professional and friendly manner and provide them with refreshments and catering when needed;
- Receive parcels and mail from couriers and ensure that the intended person receives goods;
- Book and prepare outgoing parcels for couriers collection;
- General duties, including document printing, scanning, laminating, binding, label printing and archiving;
- Coordinate bookings for Office meetings, Board room and Training room;
- Maintain office facilities and common areas. This includes they are clean and orderly, and scheduled servicing is arranged;
- Assist in the planning and organisation of company functions and gatherings for staff and customers;
- Prepare and setup workstation for new employees;
- Attend to all staff complaints including, unauthorised parking, lunchroom cleanliness, etc.;
- Maintain and update of all internal circulation documents company fleet register, mobile number register, printer and toner register;
- Assisting purchasing team to raise POs for suppliers;
- Acquiring and providing quotes to purchase manager;
- Ordering of Stationery and amenities for the company as well as tracking the weekly spending;
- Procure PPE/Safety gear for visitors as necessary;
- Attend to weighbridge and assist as necessary-order weighbridge booklets; and
- Generating and emailing daily reports to relevant personnel.
To be considered for this opportunity you will possess all the following attributes:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline are highly desirable;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of clients both internal and external;
- High level Microsoft Office ability;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work within a team or autonomously;
- High attention to detail and accuracy in word processing; and
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
What we offer you
DSI Underground / Fero Group have seen significant changes in recent times, encompassing the merge of people, processes and practices, to develop a culture our current employees are proud to be a part of and we are confident you would be too! We offer:
- An attractive remuneration package with achievable KPIs;
- Opportunity to develop within an expanding and ethical global organisation;
- Professional Development is encouraged and supported; and
- Excellent work / life balance.
DSI is proud to be an EEO employer. We are committed to hiring the best person for the role and organisation in order to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive culture for all.
Candidates deemed most suitable for this role will be contacted by Human Resources for pre-screening at the earliest opportunity. So apply now!