About the business
A VERY rare position has become available at our Multi Queensland and Australian award-winning company Ocean Safari based in the heart of Cape Tribulation in tropical north Queensland.
Ocean Safari offers an exhilarating ride to snorkel the pristine untouched Great Barrier Reef off the Daintree Coast at Cape Tribulation. This half day eco tour visits two different snorkel destinations, each with an extraordinary array of marine life and coral species. After a fast 25-minute ride, guests are ready to snorkel two fabulous locations at Mackay and Undine Reefs. On most days, the rainforest can be seen along the mainland beach whilst snorkelling the Great Barrier Reef alongside sea turtles, which are found in abundance swimming over reefs full of colourful coral, along with myriads of tropical fish, eagle rays, giant clams and starfish.
The tour begins at Cape Tribulation beach where guests board the vessel bound for the tropical waters of the Great Barrier Reef. The Ocean Safari vessel takes a maximum of 25 passengers allowing guests to experience tropical paradise and the pleasure of a small group. The vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines. The experienced Skipper and Eco Host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side. Magical memories like these sometimes only happen once in a lifetime.
Courtesy pickups from Cape Tribulation accommodation are included and the Ocean Safari tour is proud to have Advanced Eco Accreditation.
The Ocean Safari check in office is also home to the Turtle Rock Caf and Safari Lodge. Turtle Rock Caf offers freshly cooked wholesome meals, great coffee and tropical outdoor dining in a casual, friendly atmosphere.
Situated just 400 meters from the beach, Safari Lodge offers both Safari Huts and camp sites, as well as a swimming pool, camp kitchen, laundry and clean amenities in the tropical Cape Tribulation rainforest, and is the perfect base for exploring this famous region. Sleep in the jungle and enjoy the sounds of the rainforest at night, or rise early to experience the sunrise over beautiful Myall beach only minutes away.
Along with the Turtle Rock Cafe and the Safari Lodge, Ocean Safari offers a complete Cape Tribulation package, featuring onsite Cape Tribulation accommodation, dining and Great Barrier Reef tours.
About the role
This is a hands-on role which requires a high level of organisation, problem solving and people management skills in the daily operations of the business. Located in the remote Cape Tribulation area you will need to draw from a wide variety of skills to successfully fill this position.
You will be reporting to the Operations Manager and will look after the day to day running of Safari Lodge, Turtle Rock Cafe and Ocean Safari administration and ensure that company policies and procedures are met and followed.
Onsite training will be provided to handle all the particulars of the business, however previous tourism/hospitality, office and management skills are essential.
Skills and experience
Key Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- General day to day tasks of a busy office environment
- Act as a communication and support bridge between crew, suppliers, management, operations, accounts and marketing teams
- Manage reservations functions for tours, accommodation and charters
- Rostering and payroll duties
- Ordering of stock and merchandise
- Monitoring of compliance for each entity
- Managing of staff files and certifications
- Managing rates and inventory
- Other tasks and responsibilities as determined by operational requirements
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Strong working knowledge of general applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Solid working knowledge of Little Hotelier or similar reservations systems
- Desirable applications, Lightroom, Premier and Indesign
- Team player with proven leadership skills - Confident and engaging presence, ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure/volume, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
- Ability to manage time well and be flexible.
- Extraordinary communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills
- Must be able to multi task
- Capacity to think on your feet
- Ability to consistently portray professionalism with personal presentation & behaviours
If you think you have what it takes and want to give your self your next challenge and have fun at the same time in the HEART of the oldest rainforest in the world then don't wait APPLY NOW!
Only successful applications will be contacted - WHV need not apply as must be an Australian Citizen