Great opportunity for Japanese-speaking Professionals, One of the most influential & valuable company in the world, Contract Job - 9 months.
The primary role is to coordinate the product planning process and assist the Planning Department in ensuring that all product launch objectives are met. These tasks may be on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
This position is a member of the Planning department and reports directly to the Planning Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
- Proactively seek product/Stock Keeping Unit "SKU" information from subsidiary companies / third parties.
- Coordinate with local and overseas vendors the procurement of parts and track their schedule in-line with product launch date.
- Accurately create, update and maintain multiple product schedules, based on information obtained from several sources / territories (in Japanese and English).
- Ensure Department Manager and Director(s) are included on all product related communication both internally and with other subsidiary / business partners.
- Provide translation of communications between Japanese and English, as directed.
- Co-ordinate and prepare product schedule documentation for each product distributed by company.
- Prepare and distribute approved documentation relating to purchase orders as required.
- Provide up-to-date information for the fortnightly Product Meeting and at weekly Work-in-Progress Meeting.
- Work with Planning Manager to prepare and distribute agenda for fortnightly Product Meeting.
- Follow up unanswered questions in the Product Meeting with company/subsidiaries/developer and share with the Product Meeting attendees.
- Communicate availability of code/development materials
- Preparation of accurate and timely ad-hoc reports in English and/or Japanese as directed.
- Accurately enter & process purchase orders/invoices in the business system as required.
- Update Internal Control documentation including Manuals to ensure all procedures and tasks are accurately recorded.
- Ensure good understanding of Incoterms.
- Participate in monthly meeting with subsidiary companies in Europe. (video/phone)
- Support communication with Operations Department regarding transport goods (carton configuration)(Japanese/English).
- Provide accurate costing table in required timeframes.
- Support all other functions of Planning Department.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Excellent business level verbal and written communication in Japanese and English
- Tertiary Qualifications Desirable
- Must he highly organised and possess strong administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail required and ability to track/maintain multiple schedules
- Experience in freight/shipping and vendor negotiation (highly desirable)
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (advanced skill in Excel)
- All duties should be carried out in line with company policy
- Ensure the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) four-step management method for the control and continual improvement of processes and products in incorporated in to all aspects of the department.
- Ensure accurate and timely responses to all enquiries
- Provide high level, detailed and accurate reporting
- Work closely with Company Departments and business partners to maintain a harmonious relationship and total team effort
- Support and assistance as required ensuring overall Company and Department objectives are achieved
- Ensure that the intellectual property information of the Company is protected and confidentiality maintained at all times
- Ensure compliance to Occupational Health & Safety regulations
- Other duties as directed.
- Flexibility with working hours to coincide with global affiliates/time zoned as required.
WHO IS OUR CLIENT
Our client is a worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, manufactures and markets hardware/software for its home console and family of portable systems. Based in Melbourne South-Eastern suburb, serves as headquarters in the Australia and New Zealand regions. Established in 1994, it is a wholly owned subsidiary of HQ in Japan.
WHERE YOU WORK
This role is located in Melbourne South-Eastern suburb, and own transportation is required.
Monday to Friday (9:00-17:00)
*Flexibility with working hours to coincide with global affiliates/time zoned as required.
This role starts from December 2019 to January 2020 (December preferred)
This role is 9 months contract role from commencement.
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest please use the APPLY NOW function on the page or for more information contact Career Meister through;
If you have been successfully shortlisted we will contact you within due course.
Career Meister, an independently-owned and operated recruitment specialist, has successfully operated in Melbourne providing clients with professionals since February 2015.
Our experienced recruitment experts provide an exceptional level of service and care for our clients and candidates both in Japanese and English to connect outstanding talent with businesses throughout Victoria, Australia.