Newly created senior leadership opportunity, Make a difference and leave a legacy for generations to come, Located between Sydney CBD and Burwood offices, near public transport & shops.
- Newly created senior leadership opportunity
- Make a difference and leave a legacy for generations to come
- Fixed Term up to 2 years - centrally located between our Sydney CBD and Burwood offices, close to public transport and shops
About Sydney Trains
At Sydney Trains our vision is to keep Sydney moving, now and into the future. We work at the heart of local communities and integrate cutting edge technology to deliver efficient rail services which exceed our customers expectations and support a rapidly growing economy.
About Train Crewing and Support
Our Train Crewing and Support (TCS) team is at the frontline, delivering exceptional services and customer experiences across our large and complex network. Were currently in the process of a strategic transformation to prepare to meet future demand and exceed customer expectations.
The Manager, Workforce Modelling is a newly created role which will be pivotal in driving an innovative, agile, dynamic and resilient organisational culture.
You will be responsible for leading a team providing expert analysis and advice to business leaders on potential change initiatives and workforce solutions. Through a robust, data-driven approach, you will draw insights using modelling and analysis tools to discover possible operational efficiencies and advise on how to realise them.
You will be involved in:
- Leading and managing a team of specialists to deliver Train Crew workforce scenario modelling and metrics that inform executive leadership teams on operational necessities, people and change priorities to develop and/or measure
- Overseeing the development of scenario options and data analysis for Strategy and Future initiatives supporting the operating model and business priorities
- Providing advice on the operational robustness of options developed, including financial impacts on employee unit costs, staffing, overall budgetary impact(s) and any unintended negative impacts on ability to realise benefits.
Want to know more
For more information on this position, view the role descriptionhere.
With a small yet impactful team, it goes without saying that you are a natural leader and people person who adopts a collaborative approach and can build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to achieve optimal results.
You are proactive and pragmatic and demonstrate resilience, and an innate ability to think on your feet yet not lose sight of the big picture. In a large and ever-changing environment such as ours, you will overcome unexpected challenges that arise.
Your extensive experience in workforce modelling inevitably means you are driven by (quality) data. Experience at a senior level in a workforce modelling function is highly desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and resourceful individual with a strategic mind and demonstrated innovative, analytical problem solving skills.
If youre ready to start making to make a real difference, not just to Train Crewing and Support but for the people of NSW, wed like to hear from you!
Joining Sydney Trains presents an exciting opportunity to shape the future and make a genuine difference for the people of NSW by providing a world class rail system.
If youre ready to step into this challenging, meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Transport Senior Manager, remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses:
a) How your skills and experience suit the role
b) Your proven success in driving and delivering improvements to workforce management within a large organisation.
This role is a for temporary/fixed term appointment which may become permanent if business requirements change.
Please note:The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 1 December, 2019.