Located within the stunning Mid-West wine region, Opportunity to support the inner workings of a premium Australian wine business.
Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant -
Gilbert Family Wines, is located in the stunning wine region of Mudgee; and is seeking a qualified Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant to join our team!
The Gilbert Family Wine Company is a boutique family owned wine business sourcing fruit from premium growers in Orange, Mudgee and Eden Valley. Our busy winery now has an opening for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant to support our Management team, for a part-time role based on our current needs.
In this dynamic role, you will assist our Accounts/Management team to continue in the development and maintenance of all systems and accounts to ensure timely and accurate reporting/monthly cash-flow prediction for The Gilbert Family Wine Company.
This position will afford you the opportunity to learn the inner workings of our fast-paced, premium wine business, in a company that is vastly growing both Domestically and Internationally.
Reporting to: The Managing Director.
Assisting to: external Accounts Manager/Accountant
Job Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing Annual Sales Budgets
- Assist in establishing Monthly Forecasting & Expenditures
- Reporting Monthly/Quarterly Cashflow Predictability
- Data Entry/Monitoring Stock Movements
- Export EFIC + Bank Submissions
- Monthly Product Costings
- Monthly Reporting through MYOB (knowledge essential)
- Monthly Reporting through Vintrace (knowledge preferable but not essential)
- Monitoring Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable
- Monitoring Debtor Control
- Accounts & Bank Reconciliations
- Maintain an Effective Filing System
- Provide support to and liaise with the Managing Director, Winemaker, Marketing & Sales Manager and our outsourced Accounting Administrator to ensure that the business requirements are met in a timely fashion
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in accounts or relevant position/qualification
- Previous experience in the wine/beverage/food industry would be highly advantageous
- Previous experience using MYOB is essential
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office; particularly Excel
- Advanced computer/sales reporting skills
- Experience with Payroll, BAS and PAYG (desirable)
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent social skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills & impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised, manage priorities and business demands
- Ability to adapt to change in a busy environment
This position is part of a hardworking, supportive team where strong work ethic and dedication is rewarded. Your ability to adapt and be flexible whilst having a positive outlook will see you succeed in this position and become a valued member of our ever-growing business.
This will begin as a part-time position of 2-3 days per week with an immediate start (with room to become full-time after the 4-month review based on business growth/workload).
We offer a supportive and friendly learning environment with a base salary provisional to reflect your skills, experience and qualifications.
Applications close: 20/12/2019
Start Date: Immediate (for the right candidate)
To apply for this position please email your Resume (no more than 2 pages) and Cover Letter