Two year traineeship learning multiple machine skills, Australian owned mining and engineering company, Family orientated employer based at Rix's Creek Mine, near Singleton.
Working with The Bloomfield Group
The Bloomfield Group is a proud and successful Australian mining and engineering group. Australian owned and operated, we have been part of the community for more than 80 years and now employ more than 600 local people.
The Bloomfield Group operates two open-cut coal mines in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales. These operations are our Rixs Creek Mine northwest of Singleton, and our Bloomfield Mine east of Maitland. Coal from the Rixs Creek Mine and Bloomfield Mine is railed to the Port of Newcastle, and loaded onto ships using Port Waratah Coal Services (PWCS). Bloomfield is a founding member and shareholder of PWCS. Kings Engineering - a leading NSW Engineering business is also operated by the group.
About the role
The Bloomfield Group is looking to recruit three Trainee Operators at Rixs Creek Mine, 5kms northwest of Singleton. The trainees will undertake a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations whilst gaining practical experience in a supportive environment to enable a successful career in mining.
The successful person will have the opportunity to acquire skills through a 2 year Traineeship program which includes classroom and practical training. The trainee will be required to work a variety of shifts throughout the traineeship and, due to the nature of the traineeship, must be able to commit to the 2 year training program.
- Learn to provide safe, effective & efficient operation of heavy mining equipment in line with procedures & operational requirements
- Learn to perform pre start inspections of machinery and necessary documentation as per operational requirements
- Communicate to production and engineering employees on maintenance, break down issues, and any problems that arise and work as a team to develop an appropriate course of action
- Demonstrate excellent housekeeping and equipment care
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Familiarity operating earthmoving equipment
- Full driving licence and a satisfactory driving record
- Willingness to learn and attain increased skill level and readiness to apply those skills
- Proven ability to build proactive relationships and to work as part of a team
Investing in our people and our community
At The Bloomfield Group, we invest in our people and we invest in the community. We offer a highly competitive salary plus super and incentive scheme, discounted gym memberships and a range of other benefits including family friendly rosters and site locations.
We also provide significant investment in our community through the Bloomfield Group Foundation. The Foundation has been supporting our local community since 2006, providing support for young and vulnerable people, funding for medical and health related research and other programs that enrich Hunter Valley communities.
Underpinning how we go about our work are our company values: We Care. We Deliver.
- We respect and care about the safety and wellbeing of our people, our local community and the environment.
- We work together with integrity to deliver safety, operational best practice, customer satisfaction and compliance.
This position requires an individual aligned to the values of Bloomfield.
Please ensure that your cover letter addresses the essential criteria and your experience relevant to the role. In providing your CV to Bloomfield you acknowledge acceptance to be included in its recruitment processes as defined by the business and available at www.bloomcoll.com.au.
Applications close 8 December 2019
The Bloomfield Group is committed to equal employment opportunity and diversity, priding itself on an inclusive workplace. All applicants must be able to evidence their Right To Work in Australia.