Join a highly professional, national Finance team, Provide guidance and advice on billing activities to our internal teams, Great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service skills.
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm with a large global diverse workforce of more than 7,000 people across more than 50 cities worldwide. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service.
Recognised for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Knowing how our clients’ businesses work and understanding what drives their industries is fundamental to us.
We are seeking an individual with excellent customer service skills and an interest in finance to join our national Finance team as Billing Specialist. Our internal teams bill clients for their time and often require help with this process, which can be complex. As Billing Specialist, you'll answer queries related to creating and amending bills, understanding rates and use of the billing management system. The role involves interaction with Partners, Legal Assistants and other legal staff to support the billing function nationally, as well as training of new staff on the billing process and system.
There will be opportunity to cross train with the Finance team to support with other activities through peak periods and provide a high quality service to internal clients. In addition to a customer service-oriented approach, you must be a team player and have strong communication skills.
The key responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
- Assist legal staff and Partners with resolving all types of billing queries, including disbursement adjustments, bill amendments, bill consolidation, split bills, rates, payors and bill reversals
- Provide assistance, guidance and support on day-to-day use of the firm's practice management system
- Oversee monthly billing process
- Perform billing induction training, prepare/maintain guides and provide support to users relating to billing process queries
- Follow up on bills that haven't been posted in the practice management system or dispatched to the client
- Excellent customer-service and communication skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Experience using Expert or equivalent billing system within a law firm environment would be advantageous
- Experience in billing or accounts within a professional services environment or as a Legal Secretary would be ideal
- An Advanced Diploma of Business (Legal Practice) or Certificate IV of Business Administration/finance qualifications or equivalent will be highly desirable
The successful candidate will need to be an energetic, driven and focussed individual. At Norton Rose Fulbright Australia, you will be rewarded with genuine career prospects and an excellent team environment renowned for its collaborative culture, passion for client service and professional development opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience. Please note we will not be accepting agency applications for this position.
Norton Rose Fulbright values diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment where all employees can bring their whole selves to work. We embrace the opportunity to contribute to the communities in which we work which underpins our strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. We provide a range of opportunities in which our people can make a difference to their local and global communities including through pro bono legal work, charitable giving, volunteering and support for the environment.
We are proud that Norton Rose Fulbright in Australia has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) as well as a silver employer for LGBTI Inclusion through the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.