Town Planning Consultant
- Join a rapidly growing and exciting consultancy
- Great opportunity for personal development - work your way into senior and leadership positions
- Specialise in tiny homes, kit homes and indoor recreation; Australia wide!
Who are we
Urban Planning is a town planning consultancy which specialises in tiny homes and indoor recreation for clients within both Australia and New Zealand. We work primarily with franchises and flat pack kit home companies.
Our planning services focus on site selection, compliance reports, retrospective approvals and development/planning permits. We maintain strong working relationships with our clients by providing a quality service.
The continued growth of Urban Planning on the Gold Coast means we are looking for a motivated Junior Consultant to join our Planning team. We are looking for an energetic and passionate team player seeking an opportunity to fast track their career.
As a Consultant your responsibilities will include:
- Providing a range of services including compliance assessments, planning proposals, costing of projects
- Drafting proposals and preparing advice for clients;
- Taking a hands-on approach to build trust and confidence with new and existing clients, developing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- Working alongside other professionals on a range of multi-disciplinary projects, with favourable outcomes for our clients
We are looking for a candidate with preferably 1-2 years experience within town planning and/or building certification. Experience, particularly within NSW and/or Victoria is preferred, however, it is not a necessary requirement as you will be trained on varying state legislation and planning frameworks.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a combination of the following technical skills, attributes and experience:
- Ability to prioritise the competing demands of multiple assignments and/or projects within an agreed timeframe
- Strong capability in written and verbal communications and engagement with a variety of stakeholders
- An appreciation and understanding of impacts and issues affecting land use and development
- Independent and self motivated individual
Why Urban Planning
Working for Urban Planning will give you the leg up in your planning career to be able to work anywhere in Australia. You will develop a greater understanding of business, networking, marketing, and accounting required to grow and operate a consultancy.
You will have the opportunity to grow your own personal brand and develop a niche skill set to set you up for the rest of your career. If you are someone who is willing to put in the work, you will be given the opportunity to develop and grow as the business grows.