- High profile role leading and driving strategic corporate and business planning
Who We are
The NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) is the lead central agency in the NSW Government. We support the Premier and the Special Minister of State, the Cabinet, Ministers and agencies by coordinating policies and services across government. We lead policy development, provide innovative ideas and support Government plans and projects.
Working with us will give you a broad overview in areas such as public policy formulation, public administration and state administrative matters and an opportunity to be involved in a range of state-wide policies, issues and projects.
About the Role
The Chief People Officer leads and directs the strategic and operational aspects of the People Group. This is a high-profile role building strategic relationships to ensure functions across the People Group in the areas of finance, ICT, strategic projects, human resources, security and facility services meet the needs of the department.
In this role you will also provide leadership across the Department and Cluster and coordinate related activities as required to cluster agencies to effectively support the organisation and meet relevant operational, legislative and policy requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic plans and decisions by the Secretary and participate as a member of the Executive to achieve DPCs strategic objectives and operational outcomes
- Manage the Chief Finance Officer, and have strategic oversight of DPCs financial management and accounting operations including the coordination and preparation of the annual budget
- Manage the Chief Information Officer, and have strategic oversight of the development, implementation and provision of DPCs strategic information and communication technology platforms and operations including project management
- Oversee ongoing management, assessment and review of service delivery from the Departments service providers
- Identify emerging issues, risks and opportunities and provide timely, relevant, authoritative information and advice
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive experience in strategic thinking, risk management and planning skills applied to the management of corporate service functions in a diverse organisation
- Thorough understanding of the complexities of government operations and the machinery of government including Cabinet and legislative processes and reform.
- Sound understanding of applying administration principles and implementing contemporary management practices
How to Apply
Your application should include:
- a cover letter [maximum one page] briefly responding to the essential requirements above.
- an up-to-date resume of no more than three pages which clearly details your skills and experience as relevant to this role.
Closing date: Thursday 28 November 2019 [11:59pm]
Salary: Senior Executive Band 2. Total remuneration package will be negotiated.
Note: A recruitment pool may be established to fill similar temporary or ongoing vacancies in the next 18 months.
Help: Should you encounter any technical problems, please contact JobsNSW helpdesk 1800 562 679
Our Commitment to Flexibility: At DPC we endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time or job share basis.
Our Commitment to Diversity: Our workplace supports those experiencing domestic and family violence and works to achieve gender equality. We received accreditation for our practices and remain committed to these issues .Diverse workforces are more innovative, productive and increase the delivery of high-quality services.
We welcome and encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+, people with disability, other diversity groups, and women.