Location South Windsor, Endless variety of work, Immediate start available.
We are looking for a reliable and motivated machinist to join our team.
Hawkesbury Hydraulics is located in the North-West of the Sydney Metro in Windsor
We are a specialist in hydraulic sales, service and repair of all types of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment we have been operating since 1989. Our sales area and workshop have been custom-built for this purpose.
Due to increasing workloads we are seeking a new member to join our team.
This role focuses on the repair and refurbishment of a wide range of hydraulic cylinders, pumps, motors and valves. This can include the dismantling inspection and reporting on their condition. Then carrying out any repairs that are required to be done prior to reassembly and testing.
Many of these repairs would require the re-manufacture of any of its components, new rod, gland, piston or barrel etc. Most of these items are one-off and are manufactured on manual lathes and milling machines with DROs fitted. We are looking for the person willing to undertake both the fitting and machining works as required.
The Position involves:
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings, measuring equipment & documentation
- Operating manual lathes for internal and external thread cutting is essential
- Working to fine tolerances
- Working with milling machinery
- Using common hand and power tools
- Welding with MIG, TIG and Oxy.
You will need:
- To be trade qualified fitter & machinist, tool maker or working in a related field.
- Able to disassemble, diagnose, problem solve.
- Your own hand tools. Our workshop is well equipped with the required specialist tools
- Drivers license
- Previous Experience within the hydraulics industry is not essential but will be highly regarded
- Ability to communicate clearly and work with others
- To be a self-starter and have pride in your finished work.
Mature age applicants are encouraged to apply - we value your experience and would be glad to have you in our team.
An apprentice will also be considered including 3rd or 4th year.
This is a permanent position after a qualifying period in a progressive work environment.
Attractive wage and conditions.
Willingness to undergo a pre-employment medical.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7.30 to 4.30 + occasional overtime.
If you have any questions or can forward your resume outlining your experience to.