At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Goldcorp Tanami Operation is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. The site consists of a processing plant, airstrip and village located at The Granites witha fully equipped 800 bed camp offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin. Exciting ongoing exploration success and expansion projects provide unique and challenging career opportunities, with the underground mine located at Dead Bullock Soak ~40km west of Granites.
About The Role:
Reporting to the Manager Mine Maintenance, you are accountable for the surface and underground fixed plant engineering and maintenance programmes at Newmont Goldcorp Tanami Operations (NGTO). You will be responsible for ensuring that all such work is conducted in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner whilst minimising the impact on production and ensuring compliance with NGTO standards and statutory obligations.
This role is fly in / fly out from Darwin, Alice Springs, Brisbane or Perth on an 8/6 roster.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage all Mining Fixed Plant assets underground and surface in accordance with Newmont Goldcorp Asset Management strategies and plans.
- Liaise with consultants and specialists to ensure relevant technology is employed.
- Continually revise plant maintenance strategies to ensure optimum equipment performance and cost.
- Ensure the development of function NGTO work plans and goals for the work unit from a strategic focus.
- Be responsible for the overview of scheduling and allocation of staff and resources to ensure all work is completed in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provide input into the strategic planning process for all underground and surface fixed plant assets including capital projects within area of responsibility.
- Ensure there are long term planning and scheduling strategies to minimise backlog, utilising effective component condition monitoring techniques.
- Maintain and utilise planning attainment KPIs to continuously improve maintenance and planning practices.
- Planning the life cycle management using a full suite of Asset Management skills.
Your Skills, Training & Experience Checklist:
- Tertiary Qualification Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree or extensive mining trade experience
- 5+ years in a Senior Leadership Role at Superintendent or Manager level
- 10+ years Mining Plant Maintenance with exposure to:
- Large Ore Hoisting Systems (Winders)
- Underground Crushing
- Large Scale Underground Ventilation and Refrigeration Systems
- Large Scale Mine Dewatering Systems
- Large Scale Underground Electrical Distribution Systems and Mechanical Services
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.