Conveniently based in East Perth with a move to Osborne Park in the New Year, Opportunity to work within a dynamic and solid team, Chance to work for WAs largest homebuilding group.
About the Company
HomeStart has helped West Australians obtain the Aussie dream for over 21 years. As part of Australia's largest and most successful privately owned companies, HomeStart is proud of its achievements.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Senior Draftsperson to join our team who has established experience within the residential building industry.
Working within our drafting department, you will be supporting and working closely with drafting professionals.
Some of the tasks you will be performing include:
- Checking of Working Drawings
- Composition of Design Sketches
- Ensuring plans adhere to relevant State Planning Regulations and Construction Codes
- Providing and assisting with effective construction and planning solutions
- Providing technical support to the drafting team, contract administrators, shire liaison personnel and supervisors
- Maintenance of Working Drawings Standards and Checklists
Skills & Experience
Some of the skills and experience we require include but are not limited to:
- Experience with ArchiCAD is essential
- Strong knowledge of construction practices in the Perth residential market
- Strong understanding of Local Government regulations and R Codes
- An eagerness to assist in co-workers skills development
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure
- High standards in delivery and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude
- Highly developed computer skills.
Working for Impressions means you will enjoy great staff benefits being part of a leading Australian Building company.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
All BGC Housing Group employees have a responsibility to behave in a manner, which ensures their actions or omissions, do not adversely affect the health, safety, environment and well being of colleagues, contractors or members of the public. BGC Housing Group employees must comply and meet all responsibilities as outlined in BGC Housing Group Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and Procedures.
Please note that shortlisted candidates may be required to provide a Police Clearance and partake in a pre-employment medical.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You must have the rights to live and work in Australia to apply for this role.