- Based at our Geelong Waurn Ponds campus
- Part-time (0.6) and continuing
- HEW 5 $69,028 + 17% Superannuation
Based in Deakin University’s Faculty of Health, the Timetable Officer is responsible for supporting the Faculty Timetable Coordinator in producing a timetable for each undergraduate and postgraduate course in the Faculty across all campuses. Ensuring that the Faculty Timetable is produced in accordance with University policies and procedures and Faculty guidelines is critical and therefore your prior experience in a similar capacity within a highly regulated environment is essential to your success in the role.
This position is part of the Student Experience Team who are responsible for providing high quality administrative support and student services and a broad range of course and enrolment advice to current and prospective students and members of the general public.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Faculty Timetable Coordinator in producing a timetable that ensures particular or specialist accommodation requirements for the Faculty are met.
- Liaise with key staff across the faculty to capture timetable requirements, resolve scheduling conflicts and provide advice regarding timetabling.
- Collect, extract manipulate and analyse data from existing systems such as Faculty Timetable data collector, Faculty Timetable request system, Enterprise and STAR.
- Provide relevant advice on space utilisation and space requirements to academic staff in the Faculty and deliver syllabus data entry as required.
- Arrange orientation and enrolment timetable bookings.
- Provide a high-level customer focused service to staff, current students and prospective students by providing high level communication.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Completion of a degree in a related field with subsequent relevant work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex databases, timetabling or scheduling applications with a preference for experience in Syllabus+ and STAR.
- Ability to maintain close relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with and influence diverse groups of people.
- Highly organised with high-level coordination skills to ensure successful delivery of projects.
Applications for this position close on the 4th December 2019.
- Victorian Driver Licence.
- Working With Children Check (refer to Recruitment Procedure).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Helen McAllister,Faculty Timetable coordinator
Are You Ready
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.