- Access to a range of professional development opportunities and collaborate with our global team of specialists
- Mentored by passionate leaders
- Values-driven working environment
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
Due to sustained growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to support our ANZ Finance team. Based in our new state of the art Melbourne office, the Financial Analyst provides assists the key stakeholders in relation to Finance across ANZ. The Financial Analyst will support the business in relation to project governance, joint ventures, alliances, financial auditing and project analysis, performance and reporting as directed.
The incumbent will role model SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with these guiding principles
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an international organisation and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change.
The ideal candidate will come from a legal and/or compliance background and have an active commitment to ensuring that business integrity is at the forefront of all that you do.
With 3+ years’ commercial finance and/or project finance experience you will play role in:
- Assisting with the effective and timely financial management and financial reporting of projects
- Financial analytical skills to assist Project Managers in the effective discharge of their financial responsibilities
- Providing support to all facets of commercial performance to the business
- Monitoring and adhering to ANZ and Corporate policies, procedures, systems and controls for all financial processes.
The ideal candidate will have a related accounting, finance or commerce qualification and have:
- Demonstrable experience and success in a similar role
- Experience in an engineering design / infrastructure firm would be preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Excel; Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Skills in financial applications highly regarded
- Initiative and integrity.
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
Link to benefits: http://www.smec.com/en_au/careers/your-career-with-SMEC
As an inclusive and growing organisation, SMEC is committed to building a global community of talented professionals and thought leaders [link removed]. We recognise the value and importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and look for people with different backgrounds, skills and expertise to drive innovation and shared learning across our growing global network.
SMEC is committed to equitable recruitment practices and encourages applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders decent
Learn more about SMEC:
With 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the "Apply Now" link below and follow the prompts.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.