Competitive salary, Choice of working 4 day week, 9 day fortnight or full-time hours, Annual budget for learning and development activities.
At UsabilityHub were helping businesses be more human-centred by making user research easy to conduct and fun to participate in. Over the past ten years weve helped thousands of organisations conduct design research and improve their products, from Amazon to NASA to Reddit to Zendesk and many more.
Our small team works efficiently to deliver value disproportionate to our headcount. Were profitable, sustainable and self-funded. Were deeply invested in the products and the company culture were building. You can expect us to provide a work environment that is supportive and encouraging.
About the role
We are looking for an Operations and Office Manager to coordinate and continuously improve our company administration and workplace experience. As the Operations and Office Manager at UsabilityHub, you are responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the our head-office (located in Collingwood), many critical business functions, the local team, and our extended team abroad. The role requires a broad set of aptitudes and skills, including financial management, property management, people ops, event management, and working across a range of software tools. We are seeking someone who is excited by the opportunity to work increasingly strategically in their role as the company and team grows.
Youll have a broad range of responsibilities and will be given significant freedom and autonomy to take ownership of them. Youll work closely with our founding team, our local product team, and our extended team overseas (sales and customer support).
Ideally, youre a T-shaped person who loves learning new skills and finding creative solutions.
- Coordinate and iteratively improve the new starter process (i.e. accounts setup) and induction
- Conduct exit interviews and coordinate off-boarding processes
- Set up, document and distribute contracts
- Support recruitment of new staff, including screening candidates and setting up interviews
- Identify opportunities to improve workplace experience across employee life-cycle
- Coordinate the fit-out of our new office and any renovations/improvements as required
- Be the first point of contact for repairs and maintenance, liaise with contractors (e.g. cleaners) and real estate management
- Maintain, review and update administrative systems and procedures
- Manage office facilities, equipment, supplies and procurement
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries and organise the delivery of goods into the office
- Take responsibility for invoices, payments, suppliers, and reimbursements
- Liaise with external bookkeeper and accountant
- Manage day to day financial tasks in Xero
- Process payroll and superannuation for local and international employees and contractors
- Assist with UsabilityHubs annual tax return
- Assist with client manual invoicing
- Monitor and report on monthly metrics and budgets
- Manage bank accounts and credit cards
- Manage events including staff activities and hosted community events
- Arrange staff travel/accommodation
- Manage team calendars and coordinate organisation-wide meetings
- Actively contribute to the development of UsabilityHubs culture
- High technical aptitude; comfortable learning to use new software tools
- Experience with business accounting and Xero accounting software
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to switch between many hats
- Thrive working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to complete tasks autonomously
- Customer-centric mindset
- Interest in SaaS and technology highly desirable
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Employee profit sharing
- Choice of working 4 day week, 9 day fortnight or full-time hours
- Some flexibility around working from home
- Generous paid parental leave (14 wks primary / 6 wks secondary)
- Annual budget for L&D activities
- Six full days per year set aside for self-directed learning and improvement
- Warm, friendly and relaxed team
How to apply
Please provide a cover letter and your CV.
We're happy to chat with anyone about the role, even if you're not actively looking for a new job. If you know anyone who might be a good fit, please send them our way :)
UsabilityHub is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.