Work with clients on complex business problems to deliver sustainable results, Be part of a collaborative team working with liked minded energetic people, We will work with you to broaden your skills and progress your career.
Third Horizon is a Management Consulting firm that partners with top-tier Australian and international clients to execute their strategic transformation. Since forming in 2004 we have developed an enviable reputation amongst our clients for bringing a unique mix of strategic level experience and insight, combined with a hands on approach to implementation, driving rapid bottom line results.
Due to our market leading growth in the energy, water and broader infrastructure space we are seeking exceptional and like-minded individuals to join our Infrastructure and Energy team based in our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices, to help continue the exciting journey that we are on.
Our projects are diverse and our client base is varied. Below are some examples of projects we have delivered over the last four years:
- Commercial and operational acquisition due diligence on one of the largest energy transactions worldwide
- Developing strategies and innovative business models around disruptive technologies including energy from waste, solar and storage, grid scale renewables and electric vehicles
- A world-leading efficiency benchmarking exercise of the Australian and NZ water sector
- Assisting a number of water, electricity and gas network businesses through their regulatory pricing submissions
- Several whole of business transformation program designs across Australia, NZ and The United Kingdom.
We have successfully delivered engagements and maintain ongoing relationships with high profile clients across Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Middle East, China, and South East Asia.
Depending on your level you will lead or form an integral part of a project or workstream team, working in close collaboration with the client. You will manage the relationship with the client in your area of focus and will have access to a well-developed library of IP, tools and templates to facilitate the delivery of your work.
What we will offer you
You will work with a leadership team that is committed to challenging you to learn and develop, and provide you with:
- Exceptional experience You will and get the chance to operate at the forefront of the energy and water network industries and take a lead role in some of the highest profile infrastructure engagements across the globe.
- A good work-life balance The work is challenging and the pace is demanding, because our clients expect and get the best when they work with us, but we maintain a vigilant focus on keeping our hours and travel expectations in balance with our family and social lives.
- Career progression Promotion is based on your own performance, and we ensure you get every opportunity to progress with clear career development targets and promotional reviews every 6 months
- A diverse workplace We aim to attract, develop and retain the most talented individuals regardless of gender, age, work arrangements, cultural background, sexual orientation, religion disability, and any other dimension of diversity.
What are we looking for
We are recruiting individuals at all levels based on merit therefore if you have the skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to meet you. Here are some of our key requirements:
- At least 3 years experience within a management consultancy within the retail energy, regulated utility or infrastructure asset owner/operator. Your experience could include:
- Operational efficiency and field force effectiveness
- Commercial and operational due diligence
- Revenue & pricing regulation
- Benchmarking and/or advanced analytics
- Business transformation and change
- Renewable energy and disruptive technologies
- Digital disruption & customer service improvement
- Business process design and optimisation
- Highly developed analytical skills with a passion for solving complex business problems
- Well-honed presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to cultivate strong client relationships up to and including executive level
- Strong academic results with a Bachelors Degree, preferably in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, economics, mathematics, etc.)
Third Horizon is an equal opportunity employer