Do you have experience working in manufacturing environment, Do you have excellent communication and problem solving skills, Do you have experience leading a team.
Quickstep is an Australian publicly listed company, at the forefront of advanced composites manufacturing and technology development. We are the largest independent aerospace-grade advanced composite manufacturer in Australia, partnering with some of the worlds largest Aerospace/Defence organisations in our state of the art manufacturing facility located in Bankstown. Our vision is to be a leading global provider of advanced composite solutions. To achieve our vision we need diverse and capable people for management, technical and operational positions.
A rare and exciting new opportunity exists for a passionate and hands-on Team Lead, based on permanent afternoon shift. This position reports to the Manufacturing Lead and will ultimately become the subject matter expert for the department during this shift.
This will require a technical understanding and operation of all equipment within the production area, as well as assisting the Manufacturing Lead to manage the daily operations. This includes ensuring cross skilled team members are fully competent and trained and able to work on any of the equipment to meet the production schedule. In line with all Team Lead positions there is a strong focus on safety, quality and production requirements as well as continuous improvement and improving efficiencies.
Snapshot of the role
- Operate all equipment according to equipment requirements, whilst safely and efficiently meeting production targets
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in the specific job skills for each of the equipment
- Hold shift start-up meetings and allocate resources
- Early identification, escalation and resolving of problems/issues
- Undertake and/or facilitate daily preventative maintenance on equipment
- Trouble-shoot alarms and errors follow instructions for diagnosis information on errors and alarms
What we are looking for
- Experience leading a team
- Motivation to learn and develop whilst building a strong engaged culture
- Previous experience working in manufacturing environment
- Certificate qualifications in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Engineering desired
- Experience in automation/robotic equipment operations would be highly regarded
Benefits and Perks
Quickstep offer a market competitive remuneration package, career and professional development opportunities, a flexible working environment including the opportunity to purchase annual leave, and a supportive team where your contribution will be valued. We hope that you will consider joining us as we continue our progress towards becoming a global provider of advanced composite components and manufacturing processes.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role via Seek.
Applications close 4th December 2019
Quickstep recognise that diversity is a key asset to our workforce and therefore strive to achieve and maintain a strong diverse workforce where diversity is valued and encouraged. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and preventing unlawful discrimination, as such, we encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
Please be advised applicants will be asked to supply proof of eligibility to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check as a part of Quicksteps pre-employment procedures. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.