Comprehensive training and career guidance from lively senior staff, Competitive salary package, Fantastic coffees and Monday morning teas - Open, social, and fun culture!.
Intermediate Tax & Business Services Accountant
Do you have a passion in accounting and tax Do you want to work somewhere where you'll flourish If so we have the best job for you!
Consolid8 is a multi-award winning national accounting firm with global reach, using cloud technology and real world experience to deliver modern business solutions. The firm has recently merged with BDO Australia, the 5th largest accounting firm globally.
We are accountants with personality who speak to clients using language they understand.
Our real-world approach sets us apart from traditional accounting firms. We draw on our commercial experience to deliver practical advice and solutions. We like to step into our clients shoes and frame tax and business advice from the business owner's perspective.
We are currently looking for an experienced, personable tax accountant to join the team at our modern office in Upper Mt Gravatt. You must have a genuine desire to help our clients, get the absolute best results for them and always be willing to go the extra mile.
A cultural fit with our team is as important as your skills and competencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of individual tax returns
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly BAS and management reports
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for partnerships, companies and trusts
- Assisting our clients to grow their businesses by better understanding tax compliance
- Assistance in annual and quarterly tax planning for client groups
The ideal candidate will have:
- Accounting degree with a good academic record
- Min. 12 months to 2 years' tax compliance experience in public practice or tax advisory firms
- Started or planning to start CPA/CA
- Good understanding of ATO and ASIC processes
- Commercial and real-world approach in problem solving
- Reasonable research skills and an enquiring mind
- Interest and commitment in keeping up to date with tax legislations
- Great attention to detail that is balanced by a flexible, professionally inquisitive mind
- Tech-savvy and experience with cloud-based accounting software, especially Xero
- Strong communication and client facing skills
- Self-motivated and keen to take initiatives
- Ability to listen and learn quickly and hit the ground running!
What is on offer
- You will be working directly with a fantastic partner who is well-respected and provides enormous support to their team
- You will be provided with comprehensive training and career guidance to become an expert in the above industries by working loosely with the partner and their long term clients
- Competitive salary package for the right candidate
- Flexible work environment
- Clear technical and soft skill development plans
- Monthly in-house and external training
- A cohesive and high-performing team
- Supportive manager and partners
- Fantastic coffees and Monday morning teas!
- Social club and events with Consolid8 and BDO teams
Applicants are encouraged to act fast as we are seeking to appoint immediately!
If you would like to apply for this role, please copy and paste the following link: http://www.consolid8.com.au/careers#submit where you will be asked to upload a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with your resume and answers to the following four questions:
- Why did you choose a career in accounting
- What is your approach to client relationships
- Three words to describe yourself as a team member.
- Tell us your experience in using technologies to help your clients.
We are always looking for amazing innovative people to join us, so you are encouraged to answer the above questions by uploading a video to the above link if you would like to put yourself ahead of the pack!!
If you are shortlisted, we will be in touch within the next two weeks.